BLUELION
Mar 23, 05:46 PM
I can't comprehend the leap in logic in this line of thinking. The app is on the phone. Using an app is not dangerous. What is dangerous here are people who drink and then proceed to get behind the wheel.
The problem is the drinking not the an app on a phone. If you want to stop drunk driving address the drinking of alcohol.
What next? lets get rid of computer email software because someone can email you where the speed trap is or how about getting rid of web browsers because they are used to display similar content on the web? Ridiculous.
I wish people would just think about the implications of allowing such non-sense from being implemented into law.
If any of you had ever lost someone or had someone that you loved seriously injured by a drunk driver - you'd want this app pulled.
0 good can come from drunk driving. I don't know anyone (intelligent person) who would say otherwise. Constitutional or not, who in the world would want to encourage a drunk person to get behind the wheel? ..which is exactly what these apps do. I'm sure that there's a percentage of drunk drivers who have ventured out on the roads only because they had the convenience of these apps - when otherwise, they would have gotten a ride or sobered up first.
The problem is the drinking not the an app on a phone. If you want to stop drunk driving address the drinking of alcohol.
What next? lets get rid of computer email software because someone can email you where the speed trap is or how about getting rid of web browsers because they are used to display similar content on the web? Ridiculous.
I wish people would just think about the implications of allowing such non-sense from being implemented into law.
If any of you had ever lost someone or had someone that you loved seriously injured by a drunk driver - you'd want this app pulled.
0 good can come from drunk driving. I don't know anyone (intelligent person) who would say otherwise. Constitutional or not, who in the world would want to encourage a drunk person to get behind the wheel? ..which is exactly what these apps do. I'm sure that there's a percentage of drunk drivers who have ventured out on the roads only because they had the convenience of these apps - when otherwise, they would have gotten a ride or sobered up first.
mmcc
Apr 22, 08:25 AM
The cellphone providers are doing all they can to reduce bandwidth usage. About a year ago I switched to the 200MB/mo. data plan to save $$$ on my AT&T bill.
I don't understand how this application of the cloud is very useful. It will be something I would consider using only if I am near a WiFi connection, plus the ability to use DropBox for any kind of file trumps something that only works for music.
Is the practical application going to provide control over whether it is active over WiFi vs. 3G? I am not paying another $15/mo. (or more) to AT&T just to listen to music.
I don't get it. :confused:
I don't understand how this application of the cloud is very useful. It will be something I would consider using only if I am near a WiFi connection, plus the ability to use DropBox for any kind of file trumps something that only works for music.
Is the practical application going to provide control over whether it is active over WiFi vs. 3G? I am not paying another $15/mo. (or more) to AT&T just to listen to music.
I don't get it. :confused:
bredlo
Apr 22, 11:39 AM
Love the style and miniaturization being tested out in the Air line. I'd never seriously consider one though unless they made a 15" version. I've been buying mid-size Mac laptops forever, going back to the 14" Wallstreet.
With my need for real estate (graphics and video editing) and limited use of optical drives and lots of I/O ports on a daily basis, that thin form factor and big screen would be just perfect for me.
Think it over Apple - thinner is better, but so is bigger!
With my need for real estate (graphics and video editing) and limited use of optical drives and lots of I/O ports on a daily basis, that thin form factor and big screen would be just perfect for me.
Think it over Apple - thinner is better, but so is bigger!
mrsir2009
Apr 25, 12:36 AM
I am with you. When I read post like this it proves to me that 16 is to young at times. I know the stupid crap I pulled when I was 16 in a car and I got some lucky breaks and still had a 400 buck repair bill for my car and 400 bucks was be getting damn luck that I did not do more damage.
I also remember thinking I was a great driver as well. Looking back damn was I wrong. I was a very crappy driver.
His post has multiple things that shows that he is a bad driver and beyond the legal issues of doing 20 over he clearly does not know how to speed. The lady should never of had to make a quick maneuver to get out of his way.
As for motorcycle I learned long ago to give them a wide birth because I know they have enough jack ass to tail gate them. I will rather give them plenty of room allowing myself extra reaction time as I know they can stop faster than I can and they do not have a metal body protecting them like I do.
Here in New Zealand the age for driving is 15, but they've upped it to 16 and are thinking of putting it up to 17 because of drivers like the OP.
I also remember thinking I was a great driver as well. Looking back damn was I wrong. I was a very crappy driver.
His post has multiple things that shows that he is a bad driver and beyond the legal issues of doing 20 over he clearly does not know how to speed. The lady should never of had to make a quick maneuver to get out of his way.
As for motorcycle I learned long ago to give them a wide birth because I know they have enough jack ass to tail gate them. I will rather give them plenty of room allowing myself extra reaction time as I know they can stop faster than I can and they do not have a metal body protecting them like I do.
Here in New Zealand the age for driving is 15, but they've upped it to 16 and are thinking of putting it up to 17 because of drivers like the OP.
Eidorian
Jul 14, 01:27 PM
You're impressed that a chip not even available yet beats a chip from june 2003?Actually October 19, 2005 for the 970MP.
kevin.rivers
Jul 14, 11:10 AM
Yeah, OK, "rumored" then.... but there are more "rumors" that it'll be Xeon (Woodcrest) rather than Core 2 Duo (Conroe).
In fact, I think "Chinese Wispers" might be more appropriate! :confused:
MacPro will have Woodcrest in dual configs, but i'd expect to see Conroe in the low end.
MacPro's: Now with Intel Core 2 and Xeon Processors.
Merom in the iMac. If there is not a big difference between the Merom and Conroe(which I doubt there will be) it would make sense to go with the chip with lower power consumption for better temps.
In fact, I think "Chinese Wispers" might be more appropriate! :confused:
MacPro will have Woodcrest in dual configs, but i'd expect to see Conroe in the low end.
MacPro's: Now with Intel Core 2 and Xeon Processors.
Merom in the iMac. If there is not a big difference between the Merom and Conroe(which I doubt there will be) it would make sense to go with the chip with lower power consumption for better temps.
Cameront9
Aug 23, 06:01 PM
That's quite a sum of money! A bit more than my Power Mac cost me, even with that extra RAM.
It's seems to me that it's unlikely that the cost of litigation could have exceeded the cost of a settlement, so does that show that Apple expected to be found liable for patent infringement as charged?
You seem to be unfamiliar with our court system. This case could have dragged on for YEARS, and cost Apple a TON of money--possibly far more than 100 Million.
It's seems to me that it's unlikely that the cost of litigation could have exceeded the cost of a settlement, so does that show that Apple expected to be found liable for patent infringement as charged?
You seem to be unfamiliar with our court system. This case could have dragged on for YEARS, and cost Apple a TON of money--possibly far more than 100 Million.
MattInOz
Mar 22, 08:14 PM
Why? Thunderbolt is essentially an external PCI-E port.
And a 4 Link one at that compared to the Expresscard slot which is only 1 link PCIe or a USB2 port.
And a 4 Link one at that compared to the Expresscard slot which is only 1 link PCIe or a USB2 port.
cfraley26
Apr 19, 07:15 AM
Here's a thought apple.... Let's stop being the big bad bully on campus, and just make your damn products! I love Apple products. but, the way this company is constantly suing other companies because of so called "infringements". Its getting really old and really stupid fast!
Do what you do best: MAKIN GREAT DEVICE"S!!! You're not good at this! You are burning bridges that you will potentially NEVER get back! And then you will lose the upper hand in the market! Be smart, stop suing every little freakin thing that comes along!!!!
Do what you do best: MAKIN GREAT DEVICE"S!!! You're not good at this! You are burning bridges that you will potentially NEVER get back! And then you will lose the upper hand in the market! Be smart, stop suing every little freakin thing that comes along!!!!
MSlaw
Apr 15, 05:04 PM
USB3=native to all platforms
TB=Mac Only
Sounds like TB just died.
That's funny, I thought I first saw them show it off on a PC...
TB=Mac Only
Sounds like TB just died.
That's funny, I thought I first saw them show it off on a PC...
peeInMyPantz
Sep 14, 07:12 AM
the iPhone is going to be a useless product unless they release it in big enough sizes to replace my iPod. It's like carrying two ipods around. I already have a 60 gig...why would I spend the extra money to buy an expensive phone that only holds 5 gigs or something? It's just a dumb idea, unless they release major sizes that can replace the big ipods. I don't know why everyone is drooling over this thing.
ppl are going to want it because it's a phone. I will buy it for the look.
ppl are going to want it because it's a phone. I will buy it for the look.
asdf542
Apr 22, 01:54 PM
So, ONE netbook which has an optical drive. Which makes the MBA look bad because it doesn't have one.
Actually, most netbooks make the MBA look bad because it doesn't have gigabit ethernet.
And a 15" Zacate which is not a notebook because the CPU is too weak, it's not a netbook, and it's not an ultraportable because it's too big would make an MBP without optical disk look bad because of the price, even if it has little reason to exist (unclassifiable in a bad way).
An Audi R8 doesn't have any heated seats but a Honda Civic does so that means that an Audi R8 must look bad correct? So why would someone buy an Audi R8 instead of a Honda Civic? :rolleyes:
Nice job ignoring the HP Envy.
Why am I even bothering?
Actually, most netbooks make the MBA look bad because it doesn't have gigabit ethernet.
And a 15" Zacate which is not a notebook because the CPU is too weak, it's not a netbook, and it's not an ultraportable because it's too big would make an MBP without optical disk look bad because of the price, even if it has little reason to exist (unclassifiable in a bad way).
An Audi R8 doesn't have any heated seats but a Honda Civic does so that means that an Audi R8 must look bad correct? So why would someone buy an Audi R8 instead of a Honda Civic? :rolleyes:
Nice job ignoring the HP Envy.
Why am I even bothering?
lbjazz
Apr 11, 06:33 AM
Ok this makes no real sense to I figure Apple is behind it. Merantz and Denon both have upgrade and both same price. Are they for real, come on Airplay upgrade WTF. I smell Apple crazy behind it. :rolleyes:
I guess its a software upgrade to their internal chip, but I still think its stupid, if your going to buy a 1000 plus receiver this is just dam bad PR to me.
Denon and Marantz are the same company, two pieces of D&M Holdings (http://www.dm-holdings.com/eng/).
The discussion about this here is ridiculous. There are many good reasons that Apple has to encrypt the music data stream. First, it's a privacy issue--If encryption were not standard people would be even more widely angry that Apple provides an insecure product that allows others to snoop on one's audio stream. Furthermore, in order to license all that iTunes Store content Apple has no choice but to provide security in its delivery mechanisms. Movie and music studios are big into the whole idea of encrypted data streams and would stand for nothing less.
Now that the key is cracked, the security is theoretically defeated (someone just has to write a program to hijack data streams) and the studios no longer have their hacker-proof data stream. Apple probably doesn't care though because they did their due diligence and forcing a firmware upgrade with a new key (which would just be cracked again anyway) would be impossible and fraught with problems.
I guess its a software upgrade to their internal chip, but I still think its stupid, if your going to buy a 1000 plus receiver this is just dam bad PR to me.
Denon and Marantz are the same company, two pieces of D&M Holdings (http://www.dm-holdings.com/eng/).
The discussion about this here is ridiculous. There are many good reasons that Apple has to encrypt the music data stream. First, it's a privacy issue--If encryption were not standard people would be even more widely angry that Apple provides an insecure product that allows others to snoop on one's audio stream. Furthermore, in order to license all that iTunes Store content Apple has no choice but to provide security in its delivery mechanisms. Movie and music studios are big into the whole idea of encrypted data streams and would stand for nothing less.
Now that the key is cracked, the security is theoretically defeated (someone just has to write a program to hijack data streams) and the studios no longer have their hacker-proof data stream. Apple probably doesn't care though because they did their due diligence and forcing a firmware upgrade with a new key (which would just be cracked again anyway) would be impossible and fraught with problems.
jessica.
Apr 25, 10:13 AM
Ah post history ... always a bitch!
Ktulu
Sep 4, 08:00 PM
Hmm...I think Belkin calls this 802.11n. This isn't new. Gimme a break. People are really scrounging around deep now.
Look Apple has been keeping secrets it wants to be secret very secret for over a year now. The rumor sites have been so off this year, except for the obvious, that they'd need a power plant to get them back to being on. I'm not buying any of it. I'll be sorely disapponted if all we get is a Disney movie store, a 80GB iPod, a 23" iMac, and an array of colorful nanos. Zzzzz. Put me to sleep.
The nano was the last buzzworthy product Apple has put out in a year (I'll spare you the MPB jokes). Apple is due with something cool; something to compete with PS3 dollars this Xmas.
Are you insinuating that Apple should put out a gaming system to compete for PS3 dollars, or just the holiday dollars in general and right now the PS3 is the "Hot Ticket" this coming Holiday season?
Just wondering.....:confused:
Look Apple has been keeping secrets it wants to be secret very secret for over a year now. The rumor sites have been so off this year, except for the obvious, that they'd need a power plant to get them back to being on. I'm not buying any of it. I'll be sorely disapponted if all we get is a Disney movie store, a 80GB iPod, a 23" iMac, and an array of colorful nanos. Zzzzz. Put me to sleep.
The nano was the last buzzworthy product Apple has put out in a year (I'll spare you the MPB jokes). Apple is due with something cool; something to compete with PS3 dollars this Xmas.
Are you insinuating that Apple should put out a gaming system to compete for PS3 dollars, or just the holiday dollars in general and right now the PS3 is the "Hot Ticket" this coming Holiday season?
Just wondering.....:confused:
2nyRiggz
Sep 13, 09:17 PM
Its an ipod with a longer screen and a slider.....well at least for me I see nothing too interesting in it...just another ipod you can talk to.
Still neat though.
Bless
Still neat though.
Bless
aristobrat
Sep 5, 11:38 AM
Hopefully it's not the Extreme that gets the update because my cable modem is nowhere near my TV. ;)
flopticalcube
Sep 9, 12:25 PM
Looks like MacCentral forgot to mention the fact that no matter how few cores an application can use - even if it's only ONE, the fact that more can be run at full speed SIMULTANEOUSLY is the whole reason for wanting-having-needing more cores - not wiether or not what you normally run can use 2, 3 or even all 4 cores at this time. OS X automatically delegates work to however many cores are vacant or underused so the user gets immediate benefit from 4 cores they will never get from 2. And I am 100% certain that tthe benefit is radically more than 20-30%.
It's an old think I always do only one thing at a time mentality that overlooks this otherwise obvious reason - a new way of working and a new way of thinking about how to do work - for going with more cores if you can afford it.
Maybe they should have run all their benchmarks at the same time!
It's an old think I always do only one thing at a time mentality that overlooks this otherwise obvious reason - a new way of working and a new way of thinking about how to do work - for going with more cores if you can afford it.
Maybe they should have run all their benchmarks at the same time!
appleguy
Sep 4, 09:48 PM
who knows they might release a mini mac style media centre with OSX that will be used to download the movies and allow you to burn it straight to DVD/Blueray lol :cool:
daneoni
Apr 19, 07:16 AM
So what? They're already getting sued by Apple, so what's another lawsuit? Point is, contract breach or not, Samsung could cripple Apple's whole ecosystem within days by halting all processor shipments. Apple makes the vast majority on iDevices and this would kill Apple's whole economic model. And this doesn't even account for Samsungs components that go into their Macs. As a result, Apple would have no hardware to sell. They would dip into their treasure chest. It could be devastating to Apple.
You might be willing to walk away from $5.7 billion, face an even bigger lawsuit that you're all but certain to lose and become known in the industry as 'that guy who breaches contracts because of a legal dispute' but i doubt Samsung are.
You might be willing to walk away from $5.7 billion, face an even bigger lawsuit that you're all but certain to lose and become known in the industry as 'that guy who breaches contracts because of a legal dispute' but i doubt Samsung are.
GGJstudios
Mar 19, 04:26 PM
Maybe you should re-read page 1 of this thread and MisterMe's responses to the thread. It was his posts I was originally replying to and that you chose to then jump on.
Let's re-read them together, shall we?
It makes sense. iProducts are increasingly becoming ubiquitous, therefore they will become more profitable for malware developers to attack. It's not a McAfee sales pitch so much as it's stating the obvious. Same with Android.
No, it is the same nonsense that Microsoft and its apologists have been saying for the past decade. It isn't any truer today than it was a decade ago.
It makes sense. iProducts are increasingly becoming ubiquitous, therefore they will become more profitable for malware developers to attack. It's not a McAfee sales pitch so much as it's stating the obvious. Same with Android.
Sad, but true :(Sad, but false.
Wishing will not make it so.
So please point out in those posts (the only ones made by MisterMe in this thread) where he said anything about Macs being invulnerable or immune to malware, or that threats don't exist? If you really read and understand the posts, you'll see that MisterMe was refuting the false idea that market share is the reason for the lack of malware on Macs. This myth has been debunked many times. He in no way suggested that Macs were immune or that malware threats don't exist.
Trojans are particularly a problem since a lot of programs ask for root password permission to be installed (including Apple software). If the real software has been replaced with a trojan version and the site hijacked, you probably wouldn't suspect a thing.
Again, this problem only exists in pirated software or software from less-than reputable sources. As has been said many times, you can avoid trojans by being careful where you get software and what software you install. No antivirus is necessary to protect against trojans; only some common sense and prudent thinking on the part of the user.
Let's re-read them together, shall we?
It makes sense. iProducts are increasingly becoming ubiquitous, therefore they will become more profitable for malware developers to attack. It's not a McAfee sales pitch so much as it's stating the obvious. Same with Android.
No, it is the same nonsense that Microsoft and its apologists have been saying for the past decade. It isn't any truer today than it was a decade ago.
It makes sense. iProducts are increasingly becoming ubiquitous, therefore they will become more profitable for malware developers to attack. It's not a McAfee sales pitch so much as it's stating the obvious. Same with Android.
Sad, but true :(Sad, but false.
Wishing will not make it so.
So please point out in those posts (the only ones made by MisterMe in this thread) where he said anything about Macs being invulnerable or immune to malware, or that threats don't exist? If you really read and understand the posts, you'll see that MisterMe was refuting the false idea that market share is the reason for the lack of malware on Macs. This myth has been debunked many times. He in no way suggested that Macs were immune or that malware threats don't exist.
Trojans are particularly a problem since a lot of programs ask for root password permission to be installed (including Apple software). If the real software has been replaced with a trojan version and the site hijacked, you probably wouldn't suspect a thing.
Again, this problem only exists in pirated software or software from less-than reputable sources. As has been said many times, you can avoid trojans by being careful where you get software and what software you install. No antivirus is necessary to protect against trojans; only some common sense and prudent thinking on the part of the user.
QCassidy352
Sep 13, 09:02 PM
arn very rarely posts info from his own sources. When he does, that info is always correct. I'd bet a good deal of my savings that the iphone will look very similar to that pic.
Minimum91
Apr 11, 04:31 AM
Is anyone here educated enough to explain to me how to compile and run this thing?
I can't find a way to install avahi. Tried installing it via fink - no luck.
MacPorts requires xcode, but I don't really want to install xcode. takes up a lot of space.
Even though I know some things I'd still prefer if someone would make a step-by-step how-to for me.
Thank you in advance.
I can't find a way to install avahi. Tried installing it via fink - no luck.
MacPorts requires xcode, but I don't really want to install xcode. takes up a lot of space.
Even though I know some things I'd still prefer if someone would make a step-by-step how-to for me.
Thank you in advance.
AidenShaw
May 3, 01:57 PM
And would the same setup work in bootcamp (ie using eyefinity)?
Probably, but it might depend on whether you can download the Windows 7 drivers from ATI, or whether you have to use Apple's dual boot drivers. (ATI's drivers would be much more likely to support all of the GPU features.)
Is TB able to have both channels send (or receive) at the same time?
Your question should be "can TBolt 'team' two channels for double bandwidth on one connection"?
For your question, the answer is "yes" if you can have two simultaneous 10 Gb/sec links. For my version, the answer is yes if you can have one 20 Gb/sec link.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20036002-1.html
Yes and anyway first you have to put it out there for other companies to make stuff for it. Business class 101 :rolleyes:
Shipping sometime this summer - so the answer is "no, there are no TBolt devices available to buy".
The real worry about this fact, though, is that no Apples have been tested with openly purchased TBolt peripherals. I wonder how many software updates, firmware revisions, or motherboard replacements will be needed before TBolt devices work reliably without kernel panics.
Probably, but it might depend on whether you can download the Windows 7 drivers from ATI, or whether you have to use Apple's dual boot drivers. (ATI's drivers would be much more likely to support all of the GPU features.)
Is TB able to have both channels send (or receive) at the same time?
Your question should be "can TBolt 'team' two channels for double bandwidth on one connection"?
For your question, the answer is "yes" if you can have two simultaneous 10 Gb/sec links. For my version, the answer is yes if you can have one 20 Gb/sec link.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20036002-1.html
Yes and anyway first you have to put it out there for other companies to make stuff for it. Business class 101 :rolleyes:
Shipping sometime this summer - so the answer is "no, there are no TBolt devices available to buy".
The real worry about this fact, though, is that no Apples have been tested with openly purchased TBolt peripherals. I wonder how many software updates, firmware revisions, or motherboard replacements will be needed before TBolt devices work reliably without kernel panics.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar