dolph0291
Mar 30, 01:18 PM
They are bothered because they want to be able to describe their app store. They want to be able to say:
"We have this thing called Marketplace. What is it? Well, it's a place where you can by apps. Think of it as a grocery store for apps. You know, an app store."
In the Windows world, it would be a Program Store. Look at any Windows computer and there's nothing called an application or an app. MS claims to have, like 95% of the desktop market. How would the gazillion Windows users out there even know what an "app" was? They've had zero exposure to it, it's a totally foreign term. Wait a minute, it's an Apple term that is coming into common usage and now MS might have to change their language to get rid of the goofy term "program", conceding defeat, so its usage must be stopped or curtailed. That's what this is really about.
"We have this thing called Marketplace. What is it? Well, it's a place where you can by apps. Think of it as a grocery store for apps. You know, an app store."
In the Windows world, it would be a Program Store. Look at any Windows computer and there's nothing called an application or an app. MS claims to have, like 95% of the desktop market. How would the gazillion Windows users out there even know what an "app" was? They've had zero exposure to it, it's a totally foreign term. Wait a minute, it's an Apple term that is coming into common usage and now MS might have to change their language to get rid of the goofy term "program", conceding defeat, so its usage must be stopped or curtailed. That's what this is really about.
iphones4evry1
Nov 13, 02:38 PM
This is becoming an epidemic of developers that are upset with Apple's App review process. I have no problem with Apple reviewing Apps, as it increases security for us users, BUT I think Apple needs to COMPLETELY overhaul their App process. There is no way in heck that it should take three months for a follow-up review of an App that they have already delayed. Three months is completely unacceptable in the rest of the world, and this looks VERY bad for Apple. Apple needs to COMPLETELY redo their completely inefficient app-review process, and get back up with the standards that the rest of the world operates on. If it took me three months to do anything, I would never have graduated college. They gave us due dates, and we did our work! It works the same way at my job. People aren't given three months to get things done. Apple gets an "F" on this one! "A day late, a penny short."
roadbloc
Jan 1, 10:26 AM
It makes sense. iProducts are increasingly becoming ubiquitous, therefore they will become more profitable for malware developers to attack. It's not a McAfee sales pitch so much as it's stating the obvious. Same with Android.
Yes. Absolutely. A closed filesystem where you're only able to download anything significant through a moderated app store is going to be riddled with viruses. :rolleyes:
Yes. Absolutely. A closed filesystem where you're only able to download anything significant through a moderated app store is going to be riddled with viruses. :rolleyes:
Al Coholic
May 3, 12:28 PM
So why doesn't Apple's main screen lead with the new iMac? :confused: It still shows white iPhone. Kind of telling, eh? It's almost like they're ashamed to let people know that a phone/tablet maker also churns out computers on the side. :eek:
Get 'em while you can folks before they get of the business. :D
Get 'em while you can folks before they get of the business. :D
Zwhaler
Sep 5, 05:54 PM
Strange, the movie store is the thing that I am least excited about :confused: But I still hope for new imac and/or mbp.
ezekielrage_99
Sep 9, 10:19 AM
Faster processor, double the RAM, cheaper AND 21-37% better game performance:
New 17" C2D is 37% faster in UT 2004 than old 17" CD.
New 17" C2D is 21% faster in UT 2004 than old 20" CD.
New 20" C2D is 37.5% faster in UT 2004 than old 20" CD.
and I don't even play UT 2004 ;).
I think more than anything the facts that they are cheaper and faster the previous models are more impressive than anything else and with tempt a lot of people to join the "dark side" of Mac.
New 17" C2D is 37% faster in UT 2004 than old 17" CD.
New 17" C2D is 21% faster in UT 2004 than old 20" CD.
New 20" C2D is 37.5% faster in UT 2004 than old 20" CD.
and I don't even play UT 2004 ;).
I think more than anything the facts that they are cheaper and faster the previous models are more impressive than anything else and with tempt a lot of people to join the "dark side" of Mac.
WildCowboy
Aug 23, 05:15 PM
I see Apple stock going up on this news. $100 Million is getting off easy. Could have been a LOT worse.
The aftermarket response for AAPL has been negligible...down 21 cents on top of a 31 cent decline in regular trading. Creative, on the other hand, is now up 36% in after hours trading.
The aftermarket response for AAPL has been negligible...down 21 cents on top of a 31 cent decline in regular trading. Creative, on the other hand, is now up 36% in after hours trading.
MattyMac
Aug 23, 05:13 PM
Who's Creative? :rolleyes:
BC2009
Mar 30, 12:18 PM
Yeah -- makes you wonder why the American Revolution ever happened. We replaced somebody who ruled by birthright with somebody who ruled by the merits of being a better lawyer. I guess you can't win. If only all political leaders could have been like George Washington who hated political parties.
Yes, military rulers have always been so wonderful in human history. :rolleyes:
You like the irony? I was trying to be subtle on that one.
Yes, military rulers have always been so wonderful in human history. :rolleyes:
You like the irony? I was trying to be subtle on that one.
halhiker
Sep 14, 04:34 AM
"A taste of things to come" being said by Jobs at the same event as the release of a way to 'type' on an iPod with just the clickwheel :rolleyes:
I don't think there would be a great need for a numpad if dialling, SMS, etc. can all be done from this wheel?
I currently believe that if one is on the way, it would look a lot more like the iPod video of today than we think.
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/09/dsc_0870.jpg
EDIT: Picture.
I have to think this is VERY possible. Why is a num pad even needed in most cases? I know who I want to call. I have their number synced from my address book. I scroll down to their name and press call. No dialing needed.
I don't think there would be a great need for a numpad if dialling, SMS, etc. can all be done from this wheel?
I currently believe that if one is on the way, it would look a lot more like the iPod video of today than we think.
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/09/dsc_0870.jpg
EDIT: Picture.
I have to think this is VERY possible. Why is a num pad even needed in most cases? I know who I want to call. I have their number synced from my address book. I scroll down to their name and press call. No dialing needed.
nybe
Sep 13, 10:30 AM
Install Quicktime 7.1.3 (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/mac.html) then install iTunes 7 (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/). Connect your 3-5G iPod. Updater will appear in the new iTunes when you highligh the iPod in the left column. Eazy Peezy. :)
Hey everybody Big News
NBC Today Show went High Definition today!
okay got it!! thank yah sir!
btw, I have beach envy... SC rules!
Hey everybody Big News
NBC Today Show went High Definition today!
okay got it!! thank yah sir!
btw, I have beach envy... SC rules!
QCassidy352
Sep 13, 09:02 PM
arn very rarely posts info from his own sources. When he does, that info is always correct. I'd bet a good deal of my savings that the iphone will look very similar to that pic.
zim
Sep 16, 08:57 AM
* Firmware of iPod nano just means nano's iTunes and iTunes for ROKR are likely built from the same codebase. Remember neither are based on the Portalplayer software, and Apple isn't going to reinvent the wheel. "iTunes Phone Driver" refers to the ROKR driver, and Apple's website specifically says that's what it's for. Uploading of pictures and other features in the latest iTunes Phone Driver may simply point to updates in iTunes for Phones, or even making the code more generic. All of these pieces of evidence have logical explanations that, on occasion, contradict the notion they're part of some roll-out of an iPhone. The only evidence we have for an iPhone is actually that people like Arn are convinced that their sources are reliable. Ok, I believe you Arn. But you'll forgive me for not believing the story makes any sense.
I agree with you and what you said about the Firmware in my opinioin is just that, refering to the ROKR... in fact when I updated an old machine it actaully said that as the description in the software update.
And if Apple does make a phone then great! Our market here in the US sucks for phones and phone services. I had a friend visit from China and she had this amazing motorola... all touch screen, did her email, web, everything on it.. when she charged something she got an auto email saying you just charged something, it was amazing.
I think if anything needs to change here in the US to make phones any better it is our service plans, not adding in cameras and iTunes abilities... those are just gimmicks to make you think you have a better service. I think apple could make a better phone but it would be limited to what our US service plans can offer.
I agree with you and what you said about the Firmware in my opinioin is just that, refering to the ROKR... in fact when I updated an old machine it actaully said that as the description in the software update.
And if Apple does make a phone then great! Our market here in the US sucks for phones and phone services. I had a friend visit from China and she had this amazing motorola... all touch screen, did her email, web, everything on it.. when she charged something she got an auto email saying you just charged something, it was amazing.
I think if anything needs to change here in the US to make phones any better it is our service plans, not adding in cameras and iTunes abilities... those are just gimmicks to make you think you have a better service. I think apple could make a better phone but it would be limited to what our US service plans can offer.
fawlty
Sep 13, 09:36 PM
I assume the screen would be a touch screen. I would hate to start dialing numbers using the click wheel.
I can remember when all phones used a wheel for dialing numbers...
I can remember when all phones used a wheel for dialing numbers...
whatever
Aug 23, 10:34 PM
Not really. Creative was going broke. This was the best possible outcome for them.
To Apple it could have made all the sense of a business deal.
Imagine the lawyers:
"Ride it out and you may win or you may lose and it'll cost you $200-250 million.
Pay up now, get Creative on board, don't appear to be the bad guy and close any issues with patents - now and in the future - for $100 million."
Actually there are two other reasons why Apple settled.
What if Creative was bought by Microsoft, then without a settlement they could have continued the suit.
Now that Creative has money they can sue others (Microsoft) who also planning on infridging on their patents.
To Apple it could have made all the sense of a business deal.
Imagine the lawyers:
"Ride it out and you may win or you may lose and it'll cost you $200-250 million.
Pay up now, get Creative on board, don't appear to be the bad guy and close any issues with patents - now and in the future - for $100 million."
Actually there are two other reasons why Apple settled.
What if Creative was bought by Microsoft, then without a settlement they could have continued the suit.
Now that Creative has money they can sue others (Microsoft) who also planning on infridging on their patents.
Evangelion
Sep 5, 09:03 AM
If we see new macs when the store is up. then it will be clear that the upcoming event will be only iPod related. here's to mac updates this morning!:D
If there are Mac updates coming, why is only US store down?
If there are Mac updates coming, why is only US store down?
OneMammoth
Mar 22, 01:42 PM
How are you MBP owners liking your Thunderbolt port? Do you feel like someone with a DVD disk in 1975?
lol, so true
lol, so true
eawmp1
Apr 25, 07:46 AM
EDIT: @adk - yes I am 16, however in this situation my mother was in the car and actually encouraged me to cut the idiot off. So it's not just an age based thing.
-Don
Ah, faulty genetics.
This explains your behavior on the roadd AND a lot of your postings in MacRumors.
-Don
Ah, faulty genetics.
This explains your behavior on the roadd AND a lot of your postings in MacRumors.
Fraaaa
May 3, 01:37 PM
I think there is an error on the iMac performance page.
It shows:
For i5
283912
Then for i7
283913
Shouldn't it show faster performance for the i7?:confused:
I sent an email to someone who works on their website asking them to double check that.:D
I thught was strange as well at first, but I believe that the comparison is between i5 1st gen vs 2nd gen and i7 1st gen vs 2nd gen.
It shows:
For i5
283912
Then for i7
283913
Shouldn't it show faster performance for the i7?:confused:
I sent an email to someone who works on their website asking them to double check that.:D
I thught was strange as well at first, but I believe that the comparison is between i5 1st gen vs 2nd gen and i7 1st gen vs 2nd gen.
akm3
Apr 25, 06:39 PM
Getting rid of the optical drive would be stupid. No way to burn CDs (yes, I buy CDs because I like supporting artists and I like higher quality music) and no way to watch DVDs (no DVD player or TV here in my dorm room).
I think you're being sarcastic but what the hell...
What does burning CD's have to do with buying CD's? Also you can support artists by buying from iTunes or Amazon mp3. Finally, you can watch MOVIES through iTunes or Amazon or Netflix, or if you really want to play plastic discs, an inexpensive external DVD burner would let you listen to CD's, rip CD's, burn CD's, watch DVD's, rip DVD's and burn DVD's. If you do all these things in your dorm room, you'll alway have your external. Things that you don't need >50% of the time shouldn't be built into the computer, in MY opinion. It irks me to carry my heavy ass Dell work computer and see serial ports and parallel ports and useless stuff on the back, making it bulky and heavy.
I think you're being sarcastic but what the hell...
What does burning CD's have to do with buying CD's? Also you can support artists by buying from iTunes or Amazon mp3. Finally, you can watch MOVIES through iTunes or Amazon or Netflix, or if you really want to play plastic discs, an inexpensive external DVD burner would let you listen to CD's, rip CD's, burn CD's, watch DVD's, rip DVD's and burn DVD's. If you do all these things in your dorm room, you'll alway have your external. Things that you don't need >50% of the time shouldn't be built into the computer, in MY opinion. It irks me to carry my heavy ass Dell work computer and see serial ports and parallel ports and useless stuff on the back, making it bulky and heavy.
jaknudsen
Apr 13, 09:20 AM
Could the "Airplay vs. Sonos" discussion please continue in a separate thread? As different implementations of the RAOP hack will appear, this thread will continue to be worth a subscription.
ctdonath
Apr 4, 12:57 PM
The bullets passed through the door and killed the professor but he was a hero Or does he need a gun to be a hero?
If he had one he might be a live hero.
If he had one he might be a live hero.
hulugu
Apr 18, 12:52 PM
That's incredible! How can that be the case? Here it is 28 days paid days off if you work a normal 5 day week.
Because we're a free people, unlike you socialists. We can choose to work longer hours for less money and no vacation, our jobs hanging on by the mercurial temperament of our betters. We prefer to work two jobs to make enough to keep the kids in diapers, driving two hours through traffic across crumbling infrastructure, and goddamn it if someone were to give us paternity leave.
Because we're a free people.
Because we're a free people, unlike you socialists. We can choose to work longer hours for less money and no vacation, our jobs hanging on by the mercurial temperament of our betters. We prefer to work two jobs to make enough to keep the kids in diapers, driving two hours through traffic across crumbling infrastructure, and goddamn it if someone were to give us paternity leave.
Because we're a free people.
MrSmith
Apr 22, 02:51 AM
I have no idea how this would be useful. Buffer times, connection loss, no WiFi around, these are all problems that will prevent this from working.
What's wrong with storing music on hard drives locally?
They'll be able to remove the Flash drive from iPhones and use the extra space for wizardry.
What's wrong with storing music on hard drives locally?
They'll be able to remove the Flash drive from iPhones and use the extra space for wizardry.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar