Eidorian
Jul 19, 07:59 PM
http://news.com.com/2100-1006_3-6096192.html?part=rss&tag=6096192&subj=news
Cloverton and Kentsfield coming 4th quarter 2006Stop tempting me. I need a new Mac NOW as it is.
Cloverton and Kentsfield coming 4th quarter 2006Stop tempting me. I need a new Mac NOW as it is.
Mattie Num Nums
Apr 19, 02:13 PM
No they don't. These 8 billion dollars is just a drop in a bucket for Samsung. Their annual revenue is well above $100 billion. As I said, Apple represents just 4% of Samsung sales.
Yeah but Apple has XXX Billions in "Cash" and a higher Market Cap! They should buy Samsung!!!!
:eek::rolleyes::apple:
Yeah but Apple has XXX Billions in "Cash" and a higher Market Cap! They should buy Samsung!!!!
:eek::rolleyes::apple:
masta beta
Mar 22, 03:17 PM
Thanks Captain Obvious.
My cousin's brother's friend's dad's relative who works for Apple said to wait for the updates as well before purchasing. He is very reliable.
My cousin's brother's friend's dad's relative who works for Apple said to wait for the updates as well before purchasing. He is very reliable.
Ace R.
Apr 4, 12:57 PM
ITT:
People do not READ. It was self defense. Those robbers were BLASTING. 40 rounds exchanged.
Sucks someone had to die but that's the price you pay when you decide to commit a crime and use deadly force.. aka we're going to rob the Apple store and if anyone tries to stop us we're shooting.
I'm just glad the security guard survived this ordeal. Imagine if the headline read "Security guard dead in Apple store robbery"
This could easily of been the case.
People do not READ. It was self defense. Those robbers were BLASTING. 40 rounds exchanged.
Sucks someone had to die but that's the price you pay when you decide to commit a crime and use deadly force.. aka we're going to rob the Apple store and if anyone tries to stop us we're shooting.
I'm just glad the security guard survived this ordeal. Imagine if the headline read "Security guard dead in Apple store robbery"
This could easily of been the case.
freiheit
Sep 9, 02:22 AM
But because not all applications and tasks take full advantage of the Mac multiprocessing capabilities,
And I'm thinking... why?! 10 years ago BeOS had this down pat. The whole system was multi-threaded and multi-processor aware from the kernel all the way up through the user interface including the system services used by all native applications. It was amazingly responsive and was reported (in major publications) to gain as much as 60-70% performance by having a second CPU. I realize MacOS X is based on some old NeXTStep code which was not made for multiple processors, but come on! This is the 21st century and Apple's been selling dual processor machines for about 5 years now.
Anyway, this is great news. I'd been drooling over the new iMacs since they were announced and wondering how much I might gain by upgrading from my 2GHz G5 PowerMac. It's very enticing.
And I'm thinking... why?! 10 years ago BeOS had this down pat. The whole system was multi-threaded and multi-processor aware from the kernel all the way up through the user interface including the system services used by all native applications. It was amazingly responsive and was reported (in major publications) to gain as much as 60-70% performance by having a second CPU. I realize MacOS X is based on some old NeXTStep code which was not made for multiple processors, but come on! This is the 21st century and Apple's been selling dual processor machines for about 5 years now.
Anyway, this is great news. I'd been drooling over the new iMacs since they were announced and wondering how much I might gain by upgrading from my 2GHz G5 PowerMac. It's very enticing.
Satori
Apr 19, 08:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Do no buckle to these power hungry tyrants Samsung. The stinger you fight, the more I will buy your products in the future.
I note that you posted this from your iphone!:eek:
Do no buckle to these power hungry tyrants Samsung. The stinger you fight, the more I will buy your products in the future.
I note that you posted this from your iphone!:eek:
GregA
Sep 15, 10:44 PM
'07? They've been planning for for years is seems like and '07 is the best they can do? It seems that Apple has a choice.
1) Make a simple phone, make it look good and work well.
2) Take phones to a new level
I'd happily have a #1, but if their choice is #2 they may be trying to achieve things that mobile phones haven't done before.
The most obvious of these would be to be a wireless VoIP phone - for use at home (ie iChat over Airport), as well as at work, at hotspots they've negotiated with (possibly a big play in conjunction with Google wireless?), and roam to 3G cellphone networks the rest of the time. This sort of thing may be a little complex :)
1) Make a simple phone, make it look good and work well.
2) Take phones to a new level
I'd happily have a #1, but if their choice is #2 they may be trying to achieve things that mobile phones haven't done before.
The most obvious of these would be to be a wireless VoIP phone - for use at home (ie iChat over Airport), as well as at work, at hotspots they've negotiated with (possibly a big play in conjunction with Google wireless?), and roam to 3G cellphone networks the rest of the time. This sort of thing may be a little complex :)
SPUY767
Sep 10, 08:16 AM
The iMac is huge (relatively speaking), are you telling me such a huge enclosure won't be able to dissipitate an extra 30W or so? It is only around 30W more!
Like it or not Apple will have to somehow fit the Kentsfield into their lineup, cos their advertising campaigns are going to look very lame when Dell simply cops their "switch" campaign style and come out with a "PC" with 4 heads and a "Mac" with only 2.
When Kentfield replaces Conroes and every $999 Dell ships with quad core, it is quite hard to justify buying a dual (in Apple's case, a $2000+ quad)
The current 900$ dells don't even come with a Core based processor, so I doubt that a "Core-Quadro" is in the future for any 900$ dell. Bottom line will always be, most of the time, you get exactly what you pay for.
Like it or not Apple will have to somehow fit the Kentsfield into their lineup, cos their advertising campaigns are going to look very lame when Dell simply cops their "switch" campaign style and come out with a "PC" with 4 heads and a "Mac" with only 2.
When Kentfield replaces Conroes and every $999 Dell ships with quad core, it is quite hard to justify buying a dual (in Apple's case, a $2000+ quad)
The current 900$ dells don't even come with a Core based processor, so I doubt that a "Core-Quadro" is in the future for any 900$ dell. Bottom line will always be, most of the time, you get exactly what you pay for.
dime21
Mar 23, 06:14 PM
The true irony here is your blatant assumption that is based on nothing more than a "gut feeling".
ok... so will you answer my question then please?
ok... so will you answer my question then please?
iMikeT
Sep 26, 07:05 AM
This is good news. I will not have to switch providers!:D
Foggy
Aug 29, 04:45 AM
Am hoping they release some mbp info today. I was waiting for WWDC, that came and went, I went off on my holidays for a few weeks and came back hoping for an announcement and still nothing. Have been waiting a while to get one but I hate getting something new only to have it upgraded almost immediately afterwards. A laptop needs to last me 3 years so I expect it to go out of date, just not the week after I buy it :p
shanmugam
Apr 30, 01:56 PM
Hey.... Where is my updated Mac Mini?
and white macbook update as well.
Macbook air update will happen - that is a hot selling product now - definitely with in couple of months.
Low end white macbook and mac mini are shown cold.
MacMini with SSD and Turbo Boost Laptop CPUs will be big improvement from current MacMini .
I wish ...
and white macbook update as well.
Macbook air update will happen - that is a hot selling product now - definitely with in couple of months.
Low end white macbook and mac mini are shown cold.
MacMini with SSD and Turbo Boost Laptop CPUs will be big improvement from current MacMini .
I wish ...
cube
Apr 23, 02:08 PM
I am curious about something. Intel is apparently having difficulty dealing with ATI, which is owned by AMD. Is this a problem for Apple that is limited to notebooks only? It seems like the new MBP doesn't have this same problem, except in the 13" model. Is this problem going to affect Apple's desktop machines? Or is it only limited to the very small laptops and perhaps the Mac Mini? I am just curious because it doesn't appear that the MBP 15 & 17" are effected. I do hope that this makes sense. I have been waiting to see the next versions of the Mac Book and the iMac. I would like to have a portable and I don't care or need a laptop that is a quarter of an inch in thickness or if it weighs a pound more than a Mac Book Air.
Intel doesn't have a problem "dealing with ATI". The problem is that the integrated graphics in Sandy Bridge are inside the CPU, so if you put an alternative chipset with integrated graphics you're paying for stuff that you don't use, and the whole point of integrated graphics is to reduce costs.
Also, NVIDIA is prohibited by Intel to make new chipsets for Intel CPUs that have an integrated memory controller.
Intel doesn't have a problem "dealing with ATI". The problem is that the integrated graphics in Sandy Bridge are inside the CPU, so if you put an alternative chipset with integrated graphics you're paying for stuff that you don't use, and the whole point of integrated graphics is to reduce costs.
Also, NVIDIA is prohibited by Intel to make new chipsets for Intel CPUs that have an integrated memory controller.
ten-oak-druid
Apr 4, 12:36 PM
"Shooting To Wound" is purely a product of television, movies, and video games. In real situations where gunfire is exchanged, milliseconds count, and center mass until the target is down is the ONLY reality.
I know. And heroics by gun toting civilians is mostly a product of fantasy as well. The idea of whipping your gun out to save the day is absurd. Most shootings occur with no warning. If you were always hyper-vigelent and ready to brandish your gun, you would likely be a danger to those around you.
I know. And heroics by gun toting civilians is mostly a product of fantasy as well. The idea of whipping your gun out to save the day is absurd. Most shootings occur with no warning. If you were always hyper-vigelent and ready to brandish your gun, you would likely be a danger to those around you.
SmalTek
Nov 14, 03:13 PM
Apple's walled garden policy doesn't bring security to end user or has failed at that...
I think that's because they are overwhelmed with testing all those fart apps and pointless updates. As a cell phone user, I want to be sure that all apps on my phone have been thoroughly tested and are clean. I cannot test them, and even if I could, I don't have time for that. Relying on other people's reviews is naive - bit torrents are filled with viruses and spy-ware, and have tons of positive reviews. I've been waiting for more than a year for Apple to rise the plank and reject trash apps, and discourage pointless updates financially (making the developers pay for each submission) - Apple has a different idea. Whatever their idea is, I don't think that the results are good for iPhone users.
I think that's because they are overwhelmed with testing all those fart apps and pointless updates. As a cell phone user, I want to be sure that all apps on my phone have been thoroughly tested and are clean. I cannot test them, and even if I could, I don't have time for that. Relying on other people's reviews is naive - bit torrents are filled with viruses and spy-ware, and have tons of positive reviews. I've been waiting for more than a year for Apple to rise the plank and reject trash apps, and discourage pointless updates financially (making the developers pay for each submission) - Apple has a different idea. Whatever their idea is, I don't think that the results are good for iPhone users.
GregA
Sep 18, 06:18 PM
10MP phone cannot be as grainy as a 3MP phone.
A 10megapixel phone will record more clearly the low quality picture that comes from these tiny lenses.
It will be a much larger file, and won't look much better than a 3MP. Still, as the lenses improve this will change.
A 10megapixel phone will record more clearly the low quality picture that comes from these tiny lenses.
It will be a much larger file, and won't look much better than a 3MP. Still, as the lenses improve this will change.
xionxiox
Apr 25, 01:15 PM
Nice. My 17 MBP (Early 2009) will be getting close to the end of its life cycle by then, allowing me to easily slide into a new MBP.
A comment from Full of Win that's not complaining??? GLORY BE. :p
A comment from Full of Win that's not complaining??? GLORY BE. :p
cxny
Sep 13, 08:57 PM
Odd that Jobs forgot to announce it yesterday......
G5power
Jul 14, 09:18 AM
This is good to see. High performance chips from Intel and a great design from Apple, this will be fun to see what is announced at WWDC.
Rodimus Prime
Apr 19, 10:48 AM
What else would you expect to hear? No company would just bow down and give up....
Samsung couldn't pull out on any existing deals, otherwise they'd be in breach of contract.
while they can not break out of existing deals it can effect future deals.
As for the current agreement when things like Apple sueing Samsung happens and Samsung is a major supplier this is when shipments get delayed or start arriving late. Apple falls to down on the list as clients that are important when supplies run short.
If Apple needs a rush order guess what not going to happen. Generally you do not want to piss off your big supplier because they can cause you a world of problems with out breaking any contract.
Samsung couldn't pull out on any existing deals, otherwise they'd be in breach of contract.
while they can not break out of existing deals it can effect future deals.
As for the current agreement when things like Apple sueing Samsung happens and Samsung is a major supplier this is when shipments get delayed or start arriving late. Apple falls to down on the list as clients that are important when supplies run short.
If Apple needs a rush order guess what not going to happen. Generally you do not want to piss off your big supplier because they can cause you a world of problems with out breaking any contract.
hyperpasta
Sep 5, 08:37 AM
Maybe Apple wants to be ahead of the rumors. :)
http://images.apple.com/r/store/backsoon/title_backsoon.gif
Hahaha... here we gooooooo...
http://images.apple.com/r/store/backsoon/title_backsoon.gif
Hahaha... here we gooooooo...
Stella
Sep 4, 09:18 PM
Read on and be wowed:
http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2016
New hardware will be good.
Can't say I'm too excited about a Movie store - it'll be u.s only and thus only available to a small percentage of the world.
http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2016
New hardware will be good.
Can't say I'm too excited about a Movie store - it'll be u.s only and thus only available to a small percentage of the world.
cozmot
Mar 14, 11:12 PM
Bull�hit. It asked your permission, you just clicked through without reading.
Not so much Bull�hit I encountered this before and you have to opt out, not in. This is trickery. This is another method that McAfee gets their beastly code propagated, since their scare tactics don't always work.
There are so many updates that we have to run all the time, that you can't blame the hapless user for occasionally letting a sly scheme like this slip by them. I wouldn't buy a condom from McAfee, much less their anti-virus software that in my opinion, is worse that the problem they attempt to protect you from.
Not so much Bull�hit I encountered this before and you have to opt out, not in. This is trickery. This is another method that McAfee gets their beastly code propagated, since their scare tactics don't always work.
There are so many updates that we have to run all the time, that you can't blame the hapless user for occasionally letting a sly scheme like this slip by them. I wouldn't buy a condom from McAfee, much less their anti-virus software that in my opinion, is worse that the problem they attempt to protect you from.
Ivan Malagurski
May 4, 12:38 PM
One more amazing Apple product :)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar