Minggu, 05 Juni 2011

Whipped Cream Can

Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_1%
  • %IMG_DESC_1%



  • Jowl
    Apr 11, 03:00 AM
    What I don't get is why can't Apple enable any iOS device (iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad) as an Airplay target device? Obviously iOS supports it as Apple TV can be a target for Airplay from iTunes.

    AirFrame (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fitunes.apple.com%2Fus%2Fapp%2Fairframe%2Fid416480052%3Fmt%3D8&rct=j&q=airframe%20itunes&ei=6bSiTYuHCZGwhAfMuaDxBA&usg=AFQjCNEFFllGAXPM2zbfQOCBM6D-_HZzHw&cad=rja) allows sending video between iOS devices. I've sucesfully used it from iPhone to iPad





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_2%
  • %IMG_DESC_2%



  • aiqw9182
    Apr 16, 01:14 PM
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how those adapters work. Going from thunderbolt to USB 3 would require active electronics embedded in the adapter. The $6 MDP to HDMI adapter is just copper internally because the signaling is compatible from the source.
    So did you miss the USB to PS2 adapters I posted? :rolleyes:



    Again, you have a fundamental flaw in your argument that you're not addressing. It doesn't matter if the bus is capable of delivering massive speed when the source is incapable of serving data fast enough. Any single-drive enclosure that is currently available will be incapable of maxing out a USB 3 connection. Again, any single drive enclosure doesn't need USB 3 and that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the future, a couple of years down the road there will be affordable external SSD's and you will have an SSD in your machine and the only bottleneck is going to be your connector.


    When they contain active electronics, they get expensive. Apple's own MDP to dual-link DVI adapter is a great example, at $99.00. USB 3 and Thunderbolt are not electrically compatible, and therefore it is impossible to have a simple copper-only dongle that has a TB port on one end, and USB on the other. Wow, you are using an Apple adapter for price comparisons. :rolleyes:

    Apple sells mini-display port to HDMI adapters for $30 when you can buy them for $5. Find a better example.


    Then why do you keep pointing to that article as proof that USB 3 is incapable of reaching it's theoretical maximum?Uhh, I'm not? USB 3 has overhead and I've yet to see it actually go its maximum, when have you ever seen USB 2 reach 480Mbps?


    USB 2 is the universal standard for high speed devices. If you think otherwise, you must have never used a USB thumb drive. You may have never used a USB thumb drive? L.o.l.

    USB 2 is TERRIBLE at high speed data transfer, 'standard' or not. A PS2 port could still be standard for all I care.


    Thunderbolt in a copper implementation is capped at 10Gbs. For higher speeds, the physical connections become impractical for "normal" devices, which is why Intel designed TB as a transport bus, say for a single cable between a tower and a monitor, which would then break the TB bus back into it's component protocols, including USB 3. The copper implementation is limited only by the cable and not the port.


    Which as I said above, makes it practical for a transport bus. For replacing USB? Not so much. Backwards compatibility alone will likely dictate the continual presence of USB 3 ports on virtually every computer for years to come.
    I never said it would replace USB. I said they compliment each other. I said USB 3 is hardly needed as all of the heavy lifting is done through Thunderbolt then you leave the low bandwidth peripherals (that USB 2.0 was capable of handling) to USB 3.0.


    Is it "difficult" to carry an adaptor? Of course not (weight and size wise).

    But in real life, you run into situations where you don't have it on hand. Like the noon conference at my residency program where we had problems with the laptop on which an attending was to give a presentation. One of the other residents had a MBP and volunteered its use, but...no DP adaptor to connect to the projector. I can only imagine how many times that scenario must occur each day at businesses, etc.

    It's a poor solution compared to having USB 3 built in.
    In real life you should carry around your laptop in a bag or sleeve that has everything you need in it. USB 3 is not a necessity and the majority of devices will continue to be USB 2.0 compatible as well before 3.0 takes off and Thunderbolt steals all of the high bandwidth peripherals.





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_3%
  • %IMG_DESC_3%



  • baryon
    Mar 29, 01:07 PM
    We expect the first devices to launch in 2012.

    How can you predict the market share of a device that you can only predict will launch in a year?

    I simply can't imagine the relationship of Nokia and Microsoft to bring anything like the iPhone. Nokia was good with non-smartphones and Microsoft was good with Windows XP, combine that and you get... nothing.





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_4%
  • %IMG_DESC_4%



  • Kashchei
    Aug 31, 11:47 AM
    Merom MacBook Pro + Conroe iMac + speedbumped Mac mini + iTunes movie downloads + widescreen video iPod

    You took the words right out of my mouth!





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_5%
  • %IMG_DESC_5%



  • chaosbunny
    May 1, 02:49 AM
    Wonder if the top of the line Core i7 Sandy Bridge iMac will be faster than many of the SP Mac Pro configurations.

    Processor wise, pretty sure, gpu wise, maybe in 2 years. :D





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_6%
  • %IMG_DESC_6%



  • cube
    Mar 30, 12:08 PM
    BurgStore

    And Burg does not mean Burger.





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_7%
  • %IMG_DESC_7%



  • Eidorian
    Sep 9, 01:09 PM
    The biggest advantage is that you get quad cores without having to pay for Xeon chipsets and memory.

    It's also big for the Windows/Linux side of the world. Much of the software is licensed per socket.

    - XP Home - 1 socket
    - XP Pro - 2 sockets
    - Win2k3 Server - 4 sockets

    With a quad core, you can run an 8 CPU XP Pro system without forking over the bucks for Windows Server. Add to that per-socket licensing for many software packages, and it's a huge cost savings.


    Careful here - it's almost as good as the current Mac Pro quad configuration. There you have two dies communicating over the FSB and Northbridge...Oh yeah, I forgot about the Windows socket limitations. I know it'll be a great performer but a "better" chip will always come out later. Kentsfield appears to be an Extreme Edition chip until quad core trickles down to more normal desktops. Still, I can see some new Mac Pro running off a single Kentsfield.





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_8%
  • %IMG_DESC_8%



  • reflex
    Aug 28, 03:31 PM
    These are products that are now competing directly with the products or the PC industry. I have been using macs since I was about 4, but now that Apple is using Intel Processors, all they really have going for them are their ability to run OS X and their design, which are huge for most of Apple's current market. The ability to run Windows though has helped recently to increase Apple's sales, but it means that apples are now directly competing with Dell, HP and the like.

    There are two kinds of people who would consider a mac:
    1. those who want to run OSX: they have no choice, just like before
    2. those who want to run Windows: they had no reason to buy a mac before, but they can consider it now

    So with the move to Intel, Apple has in fact increased its potential market. If they play it well, I'm guessing they'll sell a lot more computers in the near future than they did in the past.

    Just my uneducated guess.





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_9%
  • %IMG_DESC_9%



  • Macnoviz
    Sep 5, 02:28 AM
    :confused:

    What is this....

    www.apple.com/movies

    comes up with

    Forbidden

    You don't have permission to access /movies on this server.


    What might this mean

    movies.apple.com is where they keep the movies that stream on the site (like the get a mac ads)
    you normally can't browse to them, but if you look at the page info using Firefox, you can see on a page where the media is located. That's how you can download those movies withouth getting quicktime pro





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_10%
  • %IMG_DESC_10%



  • LukasUtopia
    Apr 21, 04:29 AM
    I think you mean 4% of 142 million $.....

    Samsung's worldwide turnover was only 138.4 billion for 2010. So I'm guessing Apple buys about $6 billion.

    Just did the maths, Samsung's consolidated revenue for Q4 2010 was apparently 41.87 trillion won, converting that today gave 38.76 billion. So almost double to Apple's 20.34 billion :( .





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_11%
  • %IMG_DESC_11%



  • Rustus Maximus
    Mar 22, 02:27 PM
    ...By the time November comes around, Thunderbolt may cause the death of the Mac Pro...

    I think you'll find that rumors of the Mac Pro's death are greatly exaggerated.

    Thunderbolt honestly wouldn't bring very much to a Mac Pro right now. They have access via PCI expansion to drives, etc. that keep pace with and even beat Thunderbolt in some instances. As the tech matures it will outpace others and eventually find its way to the Mac Pro. Yes, the iMacs, and the iToys get more and more powerful with every generation...but then, so do the Pros...they all have a space on Apple's buffet bar.





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_12%
  • %IMG_DESC_12%



  • Speedy2
    Mar 29, 03:42 PM
    Now read through the rest of the posts after that and discover that Finder does not support Cut and Paste.

    There are plugins for that. Works fine on my Mac.

    God, you people pretend as if there weren't any solutions to common problems out there. It's nice if certain features are there out of the box, but people who actually miss CUT+Paste are smart enough to install a simple tool.


    Personally, I like the XP+Win7 Explorer better than the Finder.
    However, both of them could very well do with tabs.
    But you may guess: there are plugins for that. Good ones.
    I wouldn't wanna miss that feature!





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_13%
  • %IMG_DESC_13%



  • DrFrankTM
    Sep 12, 02:47 AM
    Multimedia, in the Sept.12th thread, you said:

    "I now predict a 50% chance the C2Q Mac will be unveiled tomorrow. And if not tomorrow no later than early November."

    I guess that's what people disagreed with (although I haven't finished reading the whole thread yet). I agree with you that it is indeed really big news and I still can't quite wrap my mind around the idea, but I'd be extremely surprised if Apple announces anything Kentsfield later today. (It's already the 12th here in South Korea.)





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_14%
  • %IMG_DESC_14%



  • Hellhammer
    Apr 22, 12:14 PM
    Make sure your homeowner's polices are up to date. I predict this new MBA will burst into flames when Turbo Boost kicks in.

    The TDPs are around the same as with previous gen, or possibly even less (the TDP of 320M is unknown). Also, Turbo Boost will only be activated if the thermals allow that. If your CPU is already running at 90�C, then Turbo most likely won't kick in.

    I doubt SB will make MBA run noticeably hotter.





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_15%
  • %IMG_DESC_15%



  • KnightWRX
    Apr 23, 07:01 AM
    Because people are stupid, that's why.

    No one realistically games on a Macbook Air.

    Thanks for calling me stupid. I play my steam bought games on my nVidia equipped Air. I don't have much choice this being my only computer.

    And the SNB IGP is actually very capable. Their GMA offerings have generally always been crap but the 3000 is quite the opposite.

    It's still less capable than nVidia's 320M which is what now, 2 years old ? Good job Intel! Always behind by a generation. Keep them graphics coming.

    That said, the main use for the Air is as an ultraportable. And the improved battery life and lowered heat output are major advantages for an ultraportable that only a moron would ignore.

    Then I'm a moron. I'd rather have the current 7 hours of battery life and current "heat" (what heat ? My MBA doesn't "heat up" at all, even compared to my old MacBook) than a downgraded GPU.

    Drop the name calling. The major advantage of an ultra-portable is size and weight. This is why I bought the Air. If it didn't have a 1440x900 screen or a 320M, I wouldn't have bothered to upgrade the MacBook.


    Playing Wow on 11" must be quite an experience. One must be quite an addict in order to want to play Wow on an MBA while on the go, I did hear that game was highly addicting. So, from a point of view, I understand the position of the people you call "stupid".

    Why assume people want to game on the go ? I don't game on the go with my MBA, I usually use it to VPN to work on the go or to do some hobby programming. However, when home, I plug it into my external monitor and I game there. Why wouldn't people with 11" do the same ? Play some WoW/StarCraft/Civilization/Portal/Whatever at home when "docked", unplug and take the laptop on the Go for other tasks they need to do away from home ?

    Are you guys so short sighted you can't see a lot of us don't have 2 computers ? What's the use when the MBA is capable of everything ?





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_16%
  • %IMG_DESC_16%



  • MegaSignal
    Sep 15, 05:59 PM
    the ipod wasn't a ground up design either...

    ...now admittedly, it was apple, jobs and ives' that took a good idea and refined it to being the great product introduced in '03, but the ipod was an interesting break from apple's NIH syndrome. so much so that i question the TS report about apple going for a ground up design.

    Wasn't the iPod introduced in late 2001?

    What is NIH syndrome?

    Thanks





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_17%
  • %IMG_DESC_17%



  • Amazing Iceman
    Mar 29, 01:38 PM
    I predict that in 2015, iOS handset users will still have the highest customer satisfaction and that Apple will be walking away with the lion's share of the smartphone industry's profits.

    Meaning there will be more grumpy non-iPhone users and more grumpy HTC/Nokia/Samsung/Motorola/LG shareholders.

    By 2015, the iPhone will be implanted in the back of our necks and interface directly with our brain. It will get battery power from our neural system.

    I got burned once, and only once with the best Windows Phone of the time, the HTC Rhodium. I hate that phone so much!
    All the people I know who got the WinMo7 phone told me it sucks!

    M$ is so far behind in this market, and the ITC seems to be smoking barely-legal substances to come up with such hallucinations. :eek:





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_18%
  • %IMG_DESC_18%



  • Teddy's
    Sep 1, 09:08 AM
    If there were a special event like the one described iLounge would have received one.

    Maybe is not about iPods.
    Who knows for sure? This is a rumor site





    Whipped Cream Can. %IMG_DESC_19%
  • %IMG_DESC_19%



  • parenthesis
    Oct 12, 02:51 PM
    5% isn't a whole lot, considering Apple's profit margin is huge for iPods.

    But considering how many iPods Apple sells, it would amount to a significant amount of money for the charity.





    BlizzardBomb
    Jul 14, 12:11 PM
    ...the desktop versions of the Core Duo processors which currently reside in Apple's MacBook, MacBook Pro and iMac computers.


    But the current Core Duos are "mobile" processors right? :confused:





    AidenShaw
    Sep 11, 09:01 AM
    ...and two PCI Extreme slots...
    http://www.pcisig.com/specifications/pciexpress/logo.gif

    PCI Express, not Extreme.

    Note that there's a multiplier as well - a PCIe x16 slot is twice as fast as a PCIe x8 slot, and 16 times faster than a PCIe x1 slot.

    http://www.pcisig.com/home





    Danner909
    Apr 4, 12:37 PM
    This Apple bites back . . .





    srxtr
    Mar 23, 05:44 PM
    You should tell that to my son. Oh wait, you can't, he was murdered someone like you.

    Is that really true? A drunk driver killed your son?





    zacman
    Mar 30, 11:54 AM
    We all called those things "windows operating systems" or "windows-based operating systems" (and "graphical operating systems") in the IT industry back in the day when Microsoft got the trademark.


    Again that doesn't matter as the word Windows doesn't come from the IT industry but existed before. App however was created within the IT industry.




    Tidak ada komentar:

    Posting Komentar

    LinkWithin

    v