Minggu, 05 Juni 2011

Vikki Blows Dmc

Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_1%
  • %IMG_DESC_1%



  • inkswamp
    Mar 29, 03:21 PM
    UHM... iOS is far more open-source than windows is. Nice try... Android might be more open-source though, I'm not sure.

    What exactly is your definition of "open source" anyway? There aren't really degrees of being open source. Something is either open source or it isn't. The code for iOS is not open source and so isn't any more or less open than Windows.

    Some of the components that ship with iOS are open source (Webkit being the most notable and the one that gets the most press.) But make no mistake: iOS is not open source. At all.

    That's not to make a qualitative judgment about iOS versus any other mobile OS, BTW. This annoying marketing crap coming from Google and others lately that push the notion of open source somehow being inherently a better way to go for anything is irritating. There's no need to defend iOS for being closed. Not everyone thinks that's a dirty word. It's a better mobile OS than any of the open source alternatives and there's no reason to be shy about it being proprietary. It is what it is.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_2%
  • %IMG_DESC_2%



  • shecky
    Aug 28, 09:37 PM
    And this is why I say it can go either way. The release of the C2D mac systems are not dependent upon the rebate IMO. It might happen or it might not. My guess is that Apple is not releasing their new computers based upon when the rebate ends. They'll simply release them, and if they happen to fall within the rebate period, that's not necessarily by design. But it is our good fortune. :)

    i completely agree. this rebate has zero bearing on the new merom machines.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_3%
  • %IMG_DESC_3%



  • Stella
    Oct 27, 07:57 AM
    Apple are trying to improve, which is a Good Thing.

    However, bad publicity involving non Green companies is always a good thing. Shame companies into making their products 'greener' - which effectively what happened to Apple.

    One World. We aren't getting off this rock any time soon.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_4%
  • %IMG_DESC_4%



  • swissmann
    Apr 4, 12:23 PM
    How about the whole incident being avoided by people being honest and working for what you want. In this case no robbery, no need for a guard, no guns, no death. Ideally we shouldn't need locks on our doors or guards in the first place (unrealistic I know).

    I do think most people are good though. My local Apple store had a door lock malfunction one morning and a dozen people were inside roaming around looking at things before management came to open the store. Nothing was stolen.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_5%
  • %IMG_DESC_5%



  • rychencop
    Jan 3, 12:33 AM
    The McAfee free trial versions for Mac should be out any day now. :cool:

    exactly ;)





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_6%
  • %IMG_DESC_6%



  • suzerain
    Sep 16, 01:44 PM
    Well, here's what I'm hoping for. (Crazy, I know, but I think there's a chance, because Apple's a computer company, and they seem to approach everything with the computer as the center of everything.)

    I want a GSM phone with VoIP capabilities, so it will work with either Vonage or Skype. That way, I can pay way less money...

    (Obviously, it has to have bluetooth and sync-ability, but I don't undersstand why people here even consider that optional...Apple created iSync, after all.)





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_7%
  • %IMG_DESC_7%



  • Avalontor
    Apr 28, 07:30 PM
    Really? I mean really? Zune? You forgot to write down Vista too kid. LOL!

    Vista still has a larger market share then OSX.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_8%
  • %IMG_DESC_8%



  • danielwsmithee
    Apr 25, 02:38 PM
    I love the way so many people say that 'nobody' has a use for the SuperDrive.

    Admitedly from when I got my MacBook in 08 till 10 I only used it a few times but this year I've actually used it quite a bit.

    I've been doing a spot of photography for a club and at the moment there isnt a cheaper more convenient way of giving a few hundred+ MB worth of images to someone than on a CD/DVD that just took 2 mins to burn.

    Without the SuperDrive my only option would be either USB stick (which cost more and you never get given them back anyway) or online via drop box (which takes ages as my ADSL is pretty slow as I pretty much live out in the sticks.

    So personally I hope they keep the SuperDrive on the pro... until USB sticks become a few pence each anyway
    Or just get a USB optical drive and have the best of both worlds ... you won't be forced to lug around something you only use once in a while :)





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_9%
  • %IMG_DESC_9%



  • Rocketman
    Oct 12, 01:03 PM
    You think Mac fanboys are intense, Oprah fangirls are radically intense and a couple of orders of magnitude more numerous. The demographics of the audience tells the story of the "heartstrings" decision to support a charity targeted to women and children.

    As for why release it on TV and "risk" a leak (which has happened obviously)? It's simple. The TV audience is vast. The Orpah watchers are MOTIVATED and spenders.

    I suspect Apple needs to skew their demo to blacks, females, and people who spend more time on the TV than the internet.

    Preparing for a major couch potato release I suspect.

    The blurb even ends saying so.

    Rocketman





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_10%
  • %IMG_DESC_10%



  • Sabenth
    Aug 23, 05:31 PM
    So dose this mean ms can sue apple if they decided to use wifi in ipods ????





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_11%
  • %IMG_DESC_11%



  • teme
    Sep 13, 04:37 AM
    Fullscreen touchscreen video iPod is going to be the biggest change to iPod since the 1st generation iPod was released, so I'm not surprised that it is taking so long. All the previous generations have just included some smaller updates (click-wheel, color screen, smaller size, new features etc).

    I'll probably buy the 80GB version before Christmas. I have waited for a large capacity for a long time, and the new model seems to be great (although it's not that fullscreen 6G iPod). It has a good battery life, large capacity, nice new features... enough "new" to replace my old 30GB iPod, bought in 2003.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_12%
  • %IMG_DESC_12%



  • guet
    Nov 14, 01:53 AM
    You can go to church and pray instead of going to court, if you'd like, but for those of us that believe in the legal system, we take solace in the fact that things really aren't black and white, and yet there is a framework in place that let's us try and figure these things out.

    Congratulations on responding cogently to the trollish insults from 'aristotle' (a strange choice of name given his beliefs and style of argument).

    It is not "streaming" the icon data, it is copied over and displayed superimposed on another icon which is presumably an internal OS X bundle.

    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about here, and I see you've now shifted the argument over to app icons rather than computer images. App icons are also used in many many places outside of an app - if they are used to portray that app in some way, most people see that as fair.

    Following your argument to its logical conclusion, Apple is infringing by using icons in the dock, or the display of running applications, and many other desktop apps which use the icon of another program for informational purposes are also infringing other people's copyright. I'd call that fair use, and useful for the customer as well, most developers would agree.

    It's possible some copyright troll could try to sue someone for it, as in spite of your protestations, it is a grey area, however I feel as a customer and developer that it is wrong for Apple to abuse their position of power and try to dictate petty little rules like this to developers. The development experience on the iPhone is great, but having experienced the approval process for iPhone, I can say it is an unmitigated failure, on its own terms. That is all.

    PS Please stop trying to argue about law with a lawyer, and trying to claim the English legal system (which has nothing to do with this judgment) is based on 'Judeo-christian' law - it is not.

    I'm not going to defend Apple because NO BODY on this forum knows the exact circumstances of the situation.

    Given the myriad other examples of Apple's woeful treatment of app store developers, I think it's fair to discuss this one as yet another example of them messing their developers around. It also has important consequences for Apple and iPhone users.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_13%
  • %IMG_DESC_13%



  • cube
    Apr 24, 06:50 AM
    My flat mate has one of those new Fusion based Netbooks. Seems pretty good. Could see the next gen of them in an Air. Considering getting one myself when I find one not made by Acer.

    There are already AMD Fusion laptops from many vendors.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_14%
  • %IMG_DESC_14%



  • Don Kosak
    Apr 30, 05:16 PM
    :eek: How in the world can you make that statement? My 50gb Blu-Ray discs would disagree with you.

    I have well over 200 Blu-Ray discs. Let's assume that each disc is a single layer (25GB) disc and that they only have one disc in each case, no bonus discs no behind the sceens.... I'd need 5TB of storage to keep the quality as good as it is sitting on the disc.

    You'd be on something hard to think internet infrastructure could handle the digital distribution of all these movies on top of current expanding internet traffic.

    Okay --

    1) Next year you'll be able to buy a 5TB drive for about $200 bucks. (You can get a 2TB drive today for $120 at your local office supply store.) You should start backing up those outdated Blu-ray disks now.

    2) The latest fiber optics tech is out and does more than 100 terabits per second -- or the contents of 250 Double Sided Blu-Ray discs each second. It does it on a SINGLE cable. This isn't tech you buy for your PC, it's tech that the Telco's are putting in to expand broadband coverage.

    Put 1 and 2 together, and Blu-ray is looking like it's heading for "end-of-life" status pretty fast.

    I'm sorry if I offended any Blu-ray fans, but I gotta say, the writing is on the wall.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_15%
  • %IMG_DESC_15%



  • sisyphus
    Sep 10, 09:57 PM
    That Mac + iPod promo ends this week!

    Everybody does realize that this promo only applies to already existing hardware. It does not apply to the new Core 2 Duo iMacs, nor will it apply to any new hardware released on Tuesday. Just making sure everyone is in the know...





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_16%
  • %IMG_DESC_16%



  • bluedevil14
    Oct 12, 07:51 PM
    i cant possibly phantom why ANYBODY would possible rate this negative. Its a new iPod (in my favorite color) thats the same price and has the same specs as the original, and money goes towards AIDS. :) If you dont like the color dont get it. If you think more money should go toward AIDS then ten dollars, the do something about it and donate money out of your own pocket.
    That is all.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_17%
  • %IMG_DESC_17%



  • diamond.g
    May 3, 12:50 PM
    DP 1.2 has up to 17.28 Gbps.
    TB has two 10 Gbps channels.

    Is TB able to have both channels send (or receive) at the same time? I am seeing that Wiki says it has 20GB/s of total BW, but that would imply that you can send data one way at 20GB/s which I didn't think was possible.

    TB, according to what I understand about it, doesn't have the bandwith (single direction) to support DP 1.2.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_18%
  • %IMG_DESC_18%



  • Thanatoast
    Sep 15, 05:46 PM
    Glad to hear that they're considering making 2 or 3 different phones. That way I can get my smartphone while others can get their regular phones.





    Vikki Blows Dmc. %IMG_DESC_19%
  • %IMG_DESC_19%



  • Cjm1
    Apr 25, 06:08 PM
    Yes. Time for a new change in the design. I am a small majority who really hate the current design due to high prices in repairs. Carbon fiber would be a good addition instead of the aluminium :apple:





    ECUpirate44
    Mar 29, 11:25 AM
    Microsoft should work on perfecting windows before starting a mobile OS





    extraextra
    Sep 12, 06:40 PM
    I wish the games worked on a 4G iPod. I guess I'll have to wait for the warranty to expire and then for it to die before I spring for a 5G. Hopefully by then there will be a 6G widescreen iPod!

    I'm more curious about the iPod nano 4GB = $149 and then the regular iPod 30GB = $249 pricing than the pricing between the 30GB and 80GB.





    apeman88
    Apr 22, 11:44 AM
    Pro: The Sandy Bridge 13" MBA is the machine I have been waiting for...

    Con: I am going to spend ~$2000 within a couple days of its release...


    ;)





    Macnoviz
    Sep 19, 02:54 PM
    Yeah it already lets you watch while downloading and frankly I think that this is a very important feature that is not often discussed. People bash it saying that it takes 1.5 hours to download a movie. Well if the movie is 1.5 hours long than wait 5 minutes and start watching. It is close to instant. I know that on my computer it only took 70 minutes to download which means I can start watching it right away. With Verizon rolling out their Fios internet with speeds of up to 30mbs even 1080p will soon be no problem. I am not sure just how big a 1080p movie is but I am hoping that within a year it will be do able for more people.

    Don't forget that Apple servers will be the weakest link here. Amazon servers were overcrowded the first days, leading to downloads of 8+ hours (and you can only rent them for 24 hours (or buy them, of course))
    They will have to build/purchase a data center or two





    floam
    Aug 28, 07:51 PM
    .



    Tidak ada komentar:

    Posting Komentar

    LinkWithin

    v