EndlessWait
12-13 06:34 PM
January 2008 Visa Bulletin and Predicament of Unmarried Indian EB-2
India has a tradition of family match-making marriage that more or less determines the timing of a marriage for a single person. When the EB visa numbers were open a few months ago, the unmarried single EB-2 worried about premature approval of their I-485 applications before they would have married and often talked about the way to delay approval of I-485 applications until they would marry. The January 2008 Visa Bulletin and the State Department prediction for the EB availability in coming months have removed such worry from these Indian professionals. However, in an unanticpated twist and irony of the development, they will instead face a different problem, to wit, their future spouses may not be able to apply for a following-to-join derivative EB immigrant visa benefits for a long time. Considering the amount of time the future spouse will have to wait to file for the immigrant benefits, it may be important for these EB-2 Indian professional to take at least two actions. These unmarried Indians have maintained a H-1B status to bring their future spouses in a H-4 visa status so that they are not separated after they marry. This strategy will become more real and critically important, meaning that they should keep staying on a H-1B status and not using EAD and AP. If they returned using AP, they may at some point of time, reinstate their H-1B status before their H-1B validity runs out. The other action which they should take is to file concurrent EB-2 and EB-3 I-140 petitions using the same EB-2 labor certification. Since the EB-3 is more favorable or at least will have a cut-off date rather than "unavailable," in certain situation they may maneuver the immigration rules that permit transfer of pending I-485 applications between EB-2 and EB-3 during the period when the visa numbers remain current for him/her. Such maneuver may at least allow the spouse to file I-485/EAD/AP. When EB-2 becomes more favorable, they may have to transfer the I-485 applications back to EB-2 petition. This maneuver is not a good option for everyone as it will require a log of juggling. However, some earlier priority date EB-2 Indians may dare to venture such juggling because of their unique circumstances that require filing of I-485 application for the spouse. It is something to think about and people should seek legal counsel.
I hope this info useful for our fellow members.
Thanks,
Ram
r u an attorney , desi consultant or some nonsensical person...whats the point of this on IV...admin pls close this thread..
India has a tradition of family match-making marriage that more or less determines the timing of a marriage for a single person. When the EB visa numbers were open a few months ago, the unmarried single EB-2 worried about premature approval of their I-485 applications before they would have married and often talked about the way to delay approval of I-485 applications until they would marry. The January 2008 Visa Bulletin and the State Department prediction for the EB availability in coming months have removed such worry from these Indian professionals. However, in an unanticpated twist and irony of the development, they will instead face a different problem, to wit, their future spouses may not be able to apply for a following-to-join derivative EB immigrant visa benefits for a long time. Considering the amount of time the future spouse will have to wait to file for the immigrant benefits, it may be important for these EB-2 Indian professional to take at least two actions. These unmarried Indians have maintained a H-1B status to bring their future spouses in a H-4 visa status so that they are not separated after they marry. This strategy will become more real and critically important, meaning that they should keep staying on a H-1B status and not using EAD and AP. If they returned using AP, they may at some point of time, reinstate their H-1B status before their H-1B validity runs out. The other action which they should take is to file concurrent EB-2 and EB-3 I-140 petitions using the same EB-2 labor certification. Since the EB-3 is more favorable or at least will have a cut-off date rather than "unavailable," in certain situation they may maneuver the immigration rules that permit transfer of pending I-485 applications between EB-2 and EB-3 during the period when the visa numbers remain current for him/her. Such maneuver may at least allow the spouse to file I-485/EAD/AP. When EB-2 becomes more favorable, they may have to transfer the I-485 applications back to EB-2 petition. This maneuver is not a good option for everyone as it will require a log of juggling. However, some earlier priority date EB-2 Indians may dare to venture such juggling because of their unique circumstances that require filing of I-485 application for the spouse. It is something to think about and people should seek legal counsel.
I hope this info useful for our fellow members.
Thanks,
Ram
r u an attorney , desi consultant or some nonsensical person...whats the point of this on IV...admin pls close this thread..
wallpaper 07 June 2011. Justin Bieber
r_mistry
01-18 11:44 AM
Friends,
How long can one stay out of Canada once landed as a permanent resident? Is it 2 years or 3 years???
I did my landing in July 06 and have received canadian PR but then moved back to US since then and have not visited Canada since.
Can somebody please provide some input on this? Friend of mine told me that i have to move before July, 08 in order to maintain canadian PR status. Is it true?
Many thanks for your input on this.
How long can one stay out of Canada once landed as a permanent resident? Is it 2 years or 3 years???
I did my landing in July 06 and have received canadian PR but then moved back to US since then and have not visited Canada since.
Can somebody please provide some input on this? Friend of mine told me that i have to move before July, 08 in order to maintain canadian PR status. Is it true?
Many thanks for your input on this.
Canuck
02-06 04:44 PM
I don't think an employer can force you to repay the green card costs if you leave them as soon as you get it. That is illegal and against the law to make a foreign national pay for the costs of green card sponsorship!
2011 JUSTIN BIEBER#39;S MOVIE COMES
rajeshalex
08-04 02:18 PM
She/her friends can discuss this with her husband. If he supports apply for 485 and wait till the approval of that . She can file divorce after that.
If her husband is not supportive and doesnt want to add her for 485 then there is a special category (I dont remember the exact thing)/something like under certain circumstances ( which is like you are Abandoned by husband without no fault of your own and if you go back your hubbys family is going to harass you ...) This u need to check with a lawyer
Rajesh
If her husband is not supportive and doesnt want to add her for 485 then there is a special category (I dont remember the exact thing)/something like under certain circumstances ( which is like you are Abandoned by husband without no fault of your own and if you go back your hubbys family is going to harass you ...) This u need to check with a lawyer
Rajesh
more...
21stIcon
05-04 01:07 PM
I've been monitoring BEC&PERM for the past 30 days and delved deeper on all labor processing thread, but found none on denials of conversion, please point out some reference URLs for PERM conversion denials that would be helpful.
snathan
04-15 10:39 AM
Hi All,
There are lots of people on the Face book who are getting affected by 221G for H1B/H14. Target those people individually and convince them to join us. Contact the members individually. Every member should convince at least 10 new members...we cannot afford to lose this. We will arrange for conf. call in the coming days…
There are lots of people on the Face book who are getting affected by 221G for H1B/H14. Target those people individually and convince them to join us. Contact the members individually. Every member should convince at least 10 new members...we cannot afford to lose this. We will arrange for conf. call in the coming days…
more...
chanduv23
08-09 01:07 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2010 #4 Justin Bieber#39;s earrings
smisachu
07-05 07:29 PM
I would suggest a hand gun. A .22 caliber is more than effective if it is a deterrent that you are seeking. The .22 does not have much range, but it is very small and has no recoil.
A 9mm like a Glock is a little advanced but will need practice to use as it has quite some recoil. A .44 desert eagle or Magnum is going over board. You can go to a gun show near you so you can see and feel and learn all about guns before you go to a gun store.
Please follow all legal rules when buying/owning and carrying a weapon. Please get trained well at a local shooting range. You can find information about a shooting range near you and about safety training at NRA (http://www.nra.org).
A study shows that in the event of a confrontation with gangs etc it is more likely that you will be injured or die if you pull a gun as opposed to not pulling one.
So do your home work and make an educated decission. Make sure you buy a safe for keeping the gun in your house especially if you have kids.Never keep the gun and the rounds together. If you are going to pack, make sure you go to your local police and let them instruct on how to carry a concealed fire arm. You will have to carry an empty gun in the glove with the rounds in the trunk for example.
Finally my post is in no way advising you to buy a gun or use it. A disclaimer to cover my rear end. If you have any specific questions about gun models I can advice you if I know. I am a member of the NRA and has been using guns in sporting events for many years.
For self protection.
However I have no clue about Guns... I am thinking about asking the Gun store owner and get more info about them.
For me Guns are like a computer is to my 90 years old Grandpa!
A 9mm like a Glock is a little advanced but will need practice to use as it has quite some recoil. A .44 desert eagle or Magnum is going over board. You can go to a gun show near you so you can see and feel and learn all about guns before you go to a gun store.
Please follow all legal rules when buying/owning and carrying a weapon. Please get trained well at a local shooting range. You can find information about a shooting range near you and about safety training at NRA (http://www.nra.org).
A study shows that in the event of a confrontation with gangs etc it is more likely that you will be injured or die if you pull a gun as opposed to not pulling one.
So do your home work and make an educated decission. Make sure you buy a safe for keeping the gun in your house especially if you have kids.Never keep the gun and the rounds together. If you are going to pack, make sure you go to your local police and let them instruct on how to carry a concealed fire arm. You will have to carry an empty gun in the glove with the rounds in the trunk for example.
Finally my post is in no way advising you to buy a gun or use it. A disclaimer to cover my rear end. If you have any specific questions about gun models I can advice you if I know. I am a member of the NRA and has been using guns in sporting events for many years.
For self protection.
However I have no clue about Guns... I am thinking about asking the Gun store owner and get more info about them.
For me Guns are like a computer is to my 90 years old Grandpa!
more...
aranya
07-03 10:26 AM
agree with amsgc regarding H1 "transfer"
AFAIK,
1] One can enter US on a valid visa stamp in the passport based on a previous employer if you have a valid current status with the new employer. It looks like you are not there yet because your new H1 has not been approved yet. A reciept notice is not enough to enter.
2] You are currently working for Employer B and you do not have an employer-employee relationship with A anymore. So it maybe considered "lying" to the USCIS/ICE/Border Patrol if you attempt to enter US claiming that you work for "A".
3] Going out of the US while H1 application is pending automatically invalidates the application.
Talk to a lawyer before you go.
AFAIK,
1] One can enter US on a valid visa stamp in the passport based on a previous employer if you have a valid current status with the new employer. It looks like you are not there yet because your new H1 has not been approved yet. A reciept notice is not enough to enter.
2] You are currently working for Employer B and you do not have an employer-employee relationship with A anymore. So it maybe considered "lying" to the USCIS/ICE/Border Patrol if you attempt to enter US claiming that you work for "A".
3] Going out of the US while H1 application is pending automatically invalidates the application.
Talk to a lawyer before you go.
hair 100915 00 The Justin Bieber 3D
senk1s
07-16 11:30 AM
The answer to gcbuddy's question is straight forward - no need to notify uscis
Just to clarify/ confuse:
Maintaining H1-EAD / H4-EAD simultaneously looks like it is subject to atleast 2 interpretations, depending on the attorney.
I've not seen any clear reference to this by USCIS
H1/ H4/ AP (when approved and valid, stamped) all allow to travel/ (re)entry
H1 allows to work only with the sponsoring employer
EAD allows to work for any employer without restriction (C9 classification is a fringe benefit as a result of filing 485)
Just to clarify/ confuse:
Maintaining H1-EAD / H4-EAD simultaneously looks like it is subject to atleast 2 interpretations, depending on the attorney.
I've not seen any clear reference to this by USCIS
H1/ H4/ AP (when approved and valid, stamped) all allow to travel/ (re)entry
H1 allows to work only with the sponsoring employer
EAD allows to work for any employer without restriction (C9 classification is a fringe benefit as a result of filing 485)
more...
optimist578
03-18 12:34 PM
Info from http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-572
----Quoted from website -----------------
H.R. 572: Comprehensive Immigration Reform Commission Act of 2007
Status: Introduced
This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise bills before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee.
Sponsor: Rep. Edolphus Towns [D-NY] (no cosponsors)
Last Action: Jan 18, 2007: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship Statistics:
Edolphus Towns has sponsored 90 bills since Jan 6, 1999, of which 88 haven't made it out of committee (Extremely Poor) and 0 were successfully enacted (Average, relative to peers). Towns has co-sponsored 2239 bills during the same time period (Exceedingly Many, relative to peers).
================================================== ====
How encouraging is that?
Have people seen the movie Legally Blonde 2? How the lead person lobbies for the Bruisser Bill ? Wish we could do sth like that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Still fighting on... $50 p.m. + Lobbying with local Representatives...
----Quoted from website -----------------
H.R. 572: Comprehensive Immigration Reform Commission Act of 2007
Status: Introduced
This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise bills before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee.
Sponsor: Rep. Edolphus Towns [D-NY] (no cosponsors)
Last Action: Jan 18, 2007: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship Statistics:
Edolphus Towns has sponsored 90 bills since Jan 6, 1999, of which 88 haven't made it out of committee (Extremely Poor) and 0 were successfully enacted (Average, relative to peers). Towns has co-sponsored 2239 bills during the same time period (Exceedingly Many, relative to peers).
================================================== ====
How encouraging is that?
Have people seen the movie Legally Blonde 2? How the lead person lobbies for the Bruisser Bill ? Wish we could do sth like that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Still fighting on... $50 p.m. + Lobbying with local Representatives...
hot It features Justin Bieber
PBECVictim
03-13 10:35 AM
Champu,
Congratulations! Did you get second Fingerprint Notice? When did you for Finger print latest? Can you please let us know.
Thanks.
Received a mail for myself and my wife. welcome to USA. But no email from CRIS.
:):):):):):)
Congratulations! Did you get second Fingerprint Notice? When did you for Finger print latest? Can you please let us know.
Thanks.
Received a mail for myself and my wife. welcome to USA. But no email from CRIS.
:):):):):):)
more...
house Teen phenom Justin Bieber has
indyanguy
11-14 10:16 AM
Well, are you sure I would need to work for this "future employer" for 6 months?
AC21 does not have a limit on the number of times you switch employers. Technically, if you were working for Employer A at the time of the RFE and submit a EVL from Employer A, you could then switch to Employer B immediately on AC21. In this scenario, I haven't worked with A for 6 months.
Is this scenario different because A is not a future employer?
Yes, you can. With EAD you can even become CEO of any company but for EVL, you can submit offer letter from future-employer but remember once you get green card, you need to work for this "future-employer" for 6 months.
Hope this helps.
AC21 does not have a limit on the number of times you switch employers. Technically, if you were working for Employer A at the time of the RFE and submit a EVL from Employer A, you could then switch to Employer B immediately on AC21. In this scenario, I haven't worked with A for 6 months.
Is this scenario different because A is not a future employer?
Yes, you can. With EAD you can even become CEO of any company but for EVL, you can submit offer letter from future-employer but remember once you get green card, you need to work for this "future-employer" for 6 months.
Hope this helps.
tattoo Justin Bieber at the 2011 MTV
what_now
06-03 06:09 PM
to Phoenix lockbox 4/12. It was sent to CSC. I got my card approved 5/26. Got Card on 6/3.
My wife case though still pending at CSC.:confused:
My wife case though still pending at CSC.:confused:
more...
pictures Justin Bieber Earrings At MTV
HereIComeGC
03-26 02:54 PM
That I agree, I should say it was some what an exaggeration when I said I could predict NASDAQ ...
But son't you guys think that this uncertainty also adds to the excitement of life here for us? Don't get me wrong ... just sharing a perspective here! Even I want my GC as desperately as any of us :)
I agree. Sometimes I think I will be a little bit sad when I receive the green card because I would miss this daily excitments! As the saying goes "Its the Journey that matters, not the destination"
But son't you guys think that this uncertainty also adds to the excitement of life here for us? Don't get me wrong ... just sharing a perspective here! Even I want my GC as desperately as any of us :)
I agree. Sometimes I think I will be a little bit sad when I receive the green card because I would miss this daily excitments! As the saying goes "Its the Journey that matters, not the destination"
dresses Justin Bieber Singer Justin
lostinbeta
10-21 12:27 AM
Sometimes I have an idea of what I am going for in my head. In a case like that I do everything I can and try and find anyway I can do achieve a near effect as the one in my head.
But most of the time I let my imagination take me where it wants at that moment.
It isn't edwins comp that does it.... it is part of edwins amazing ability :beam:
But most of the time I let my imagination take me where it wants at that moment.
It isn't edwins comp that does it.... it is part of edwins amazing ability :beam:
more...
makeup Justin Bieber Singer Justin
engineer
06-03 02:10 AM
I didnot like the webfax as it doesnot cover wishes of many people like me. People who have approved Perm should be allowed to file I140 and I1485 under old system even if Point Based system becomes law.
engineer
engineer
girlfriend Justin Bieber “Never Say
dontcareanymore
07-30 04:15 AM
I liked the joke.. the title originally was: "Difficult Spouse related GC question" ;)
I will definitely consider doing that. I am just afraid that I might get my GC even before I get a chance to do a court marriage.
Thanks for the input.
I think it is time for quick action :):)
I agree with the above poster, that was my first impression as soon as i saw the title. Don't put "difficult" and "spouse" next to each other. There is only one universal meaning for that :)
At least you have a good problem , rather than rotting in various queues for a decade.
I will definitely consider doing that. I am just afraid that I might get my GC even before I get a chance to do a court marriage.
Thanks for the input.
I think it is time for quick action :):)
I agree with the above poster, that was my first impression as soon as i saw the title. Don't put "difficult" and "spouse" next to each other. There is only one universal meaning for that :)
At least you have a good problem , rather than rotting in various queues for a decade.
hairstyles Teen superstar Justin Bieber,
gc_buddy
03-07 04:55 PM
It took me about 95 days, from start to finish.
Can you please share which service center and the dates..
Can you please share which service center and the dates..
waiting4gc02
01-09 02:05 PM
Guys:
I know it's a drag...but what the heck..!!!
What do you think..the dates are going to move too..!!!
I know it's a drag...but what the heck..!!!
What do you think..the dates are going to move too..!!!
sys_manus
04-07 01:58 PM
What makes you think skilled computer "operators" come only from reputed US universities???
The problem is most of the visas are taken by indian bodyshops such as infosys, TCS, LT to bring underskilled computer operators to the US. Intel, MS and other good companies that hire from reputed US universities have hard time getting the visas due to the cap. The cap should work the other way round. 20K for bodyshops and 65K for people from US universities.
The problem is most of the visas are taken by indian bodyshops such as infosys, TCS, LT to bring underskilled computer operators to the US. Intel, MS and other good companies that hire from reputed US universities have hard time getting the visas due to the cap. The cap should work the other way round. 20K for bodyshops and 65K for people from US universities.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar