briansolomon
Apr 13, 03:09 PM
Ha you would! I see you even purchased a "HiFi". 1 of what 50 sold?
I picked up a HiFi at an electronics outlet for $100. Best purchase ever.
I picked up a HiFi at an electronics outlet for $100. Best purchase ever.
dXTC
Feb 25, 10:26 PM
They show will be on as long as the ratings are up. Maybe Sheen gets killed off when he crashes his car next season and then their long lost brother enters.
Now that I think about it, there's only one way this might work: if the producers can get Emilio Estevez. :D
Now that I think about it, there's only one way this might work: if the producers can get Emilio Estevez. :D
trader889
Jan 26, 11:18 PM
You can't tell much about where a company is going by looking at P/E, as by definition, this is a backwards-looking statistic. All of the companies you mention are growing far more slowly than Apple, which is why their trailing P/E ratios are lower. This is sort of what you said, but it's worth clarifying that you can't necessarily compare P/E ratios between companies with vastly different growth rates.
True, that's why I like to look at the PEG Ratio (P/E to Growth). If we take the current price of 130 minus cash net of payables and receivables (approx $17 a share), you get 113 for the "enterprise" value of Apple. I'll give it a conservative $5/share earnings this year, for a P/E of 23. According to Yahoo, we have an estimate of 30% growth this year, so we are getting a PEG of less than 1 for this year. Less than 1 is cheap, HOWEVER, it doesn't mean it can't/won't get cheaper.
I'm long Apple, so I have a bias, but here are some things to think about:
1) Market is reacting to bad numbers for the ipod, supposedly bad numbers for the iphone, recession concerns etc.. Do you think Apple is not going to come out with anything new this year that can add to the bottom line?
2) Apple is opening up more new stores worldwide. I believe their average sales at the stores is about $4000/sq foot. Their first China store is opening up in Beijing this year (think Olympics). Also, despite some of the headlines about no China iphone deal, CEO of China Mobile (370 million subscribers) stated this past weekend in Davos, Switzerland "We've not started any formal negotiations with Apple. The door is open to all for discussions about fashionable phones". This pretty reiterates what Steve Jobs said. Also, let's not forget all the other countries that have no iphone deals.
3) $18 billion in cash. Let's say that this earns 2%. Comes out to about 30,000,000 a month or .03 per share in earnings just on interest. On the conference call, I think one of the analysts said that Apple is averaging about $1 billion a quarter in cash, although last quarter was killer when they added $3 billion.
4) 45% of Apple's revenues come from overseas. This will only get larger as they open more stores overseas. Unless we get a worldwide recession, overseas sales should help cushion any US slowdown. Also, all the US analysts keep coming up with their updates based upon their "channel" checks, does this include overseas channel checks? I doubt it. So be wary of what they say.
5) Personally, I think the Macbook Air was developed with Japan in mind. In previous conference calls, CFO said Japan was one of the weaker markets. As some of you may know, Japan loves small, ultraportable computers.
Feel to comment/criticize, but as one poster said, if you think Apple is finished as a company, sell. If you think the future still looks good, don't look at the price of Apple for 3 months or as Warren Buffet says, 10 years..lol.
True, that's why I like to look at the PEG Ratio (P/E to Growth). If we take the current price of 130 minus cash net of payables and receivables (approx $17 a share), you get 113 for the "enterprise" value of Apple. I'll give it a conservative $5/share earnings this year, for a P/E of 23. According to Yahoo, we have an estimate of 30% growth this year, so we are getting a PEG of less than 1 for this year. Less than 1 is cheap, HOWEVER, it doesn't mean it can't/won't get cheaper.
I'm long Apple, so I have a bias, but here are some things to think about:
1) Market is reacting to bad numbers for the ipod, supposedly bad numbers for the iphone, recession concerns etc.. Do you think Apple is not going to come out with anything new this year that can add to the bottom line?
2) Apple is opening up more new stores worldwide. I believe their average sales at the stores is about $4000/sq foot. Their first China store is opening up in Beijing this year (think Olympics). Also, despite some of the headlines about no China iphone deal, CEO of China Mobile (370 million subscribers) stated this past weekend in Davos, Switzerland "We've not started any formal negotiations with Apple. The door is open to all for discussions about fashionable phones". This pretty reiterates what Steve Jobs said. Also, let's not forget all the other countries that have no iphone deals.
3) $18 billion in cash. Let's say that this earns 2%. Comes out to about 30,000,000 a month or .03 per share in earnings just on interest. On the conference call, I think one of the analysts said that Apple is averaging about $1 billion a quarter in cash, although last quarter was killer when they added $3 billion.
4) 45% of Apple's revenues come from overseas. This will only get larger as they open more stores overseas. Unless we get a worldwide recession, overseas sales should help cushion any US slowdown. Also, all the US analysts keep coming up with their updates based upon their "channel" checks, does this include overseas channel checks? I doubt it. So be wary of what they say.
5) Personally, I think the Macbook Air was developed with Japan in mind. In previous conference calls, CFO said Japan was one of the weaker markets. As some of you may know, Japan loves small, ultraportable computers.
Feel to comment/criticize, but as one poster said, if you think Apple is finished as a company, sell. If you think the future still looks good, don't look at the price of Apple for 3 months or as Warren Buffet says, 10 years..lol.
daveschroeder
Oct 23, 08:19 AM
oh great. so those mac users who are possibly interested in actually getting a legitimate version now have to pay a lot...
...kinda puts one of getting a legitimate version...
Did you read any of the thread so far?
You can use Vista Home standalone in a virtualization environment legally.
This is purely a misinterpretation of the EULA.
...kinda puts one of getting a legitimate version...
Did you read any of the thread so far?
You can use Vista Home standalone in a virtualization environment legally.
This is purely a misinterpretation of the EULA.

gh0sted
Jul 11, 09:35 PM
I doubt MS can afford to pull another XBox on the Argo. At least in the game console business you can hope to make back your losses on game sales and accessories. In the digital music business you know you are going to make squat on music sales. The best I see them doing is selling their player at cost. As for them trading users iTunes collections for their .wma collections... I wouldn't even want to go through the trouble of downloading all my songs over.
Also... if you had pirated music, would you trust microsoft scanning your library? I doubt many would :)
Also... if you had pirated music, would you trust microsoft scanning your library? I doubt many would :)
Zephi
Oct 23, 11:30 AM
http://www.trutrainer.com/images2/roller1.jpg
What is this thing?
What is this thing?
judethat
Apr 29, 01:23 AM
The white one is definitely thicker than the black. It is a much tighter fit, especially with a screen protector on it trying to fit it into The bumper was quite hard. Not much but the bumper is a tighter fit.

scrambledwonder
Mar 31, 06:11 PM
That's terrible. I use a computer because I don't want to use paper. And I don't want to see paper on my computer screen. Bone-heads. Need to get rid of these old paper-centric fogies at Apple.

kiwi-in-uk
Jul 12, 10:57 PM
My recollection is that Word for Windows doesn't have it either. I have no way to verify that right now, though, since I don't have a Windows computer here on the premises.
Word XP & 2003 for Windows have a "book fold" option - not the same as the process that lifeofart was describing, which is more like something I've used in MS Publisher 2000.
Word XP & 2003 for Windows have a "book fold" option - not the same as the process that lifeofart was describing, which is more like something I've used in MS Publisher 2000.

bradl
May 2, 01:41 AM
All I have to say that hasn't been said yet is...
.. not bad for someone whom his detractors stated he was unqualified to be POTUS because of lack of military experience..
Funny that it took a small dagger strike at the heart instead of Bush's running in with guns blazing, shooting first and asking questions later. If someone would have thought of that 8 years ago, this would have been a done deal.
Obama is definitely getting another 4 years out of this.
BL.
.. not bad for someone whom his detractors stated he was unqualified to be POTUS because of lack of military experience..
Funny that it took a small dagger strike at the heart instead of Bush's running in with guns blazing, shooting first and asking questions later. If someone would have thought of that 8 years ago, this would have been a done deal.
Obama is definitely getting another 4 years out of this.
BL.
ryanbates
Apr 28, 03:58 PM
The white is definitely a little bit thicker than the black. I managed to get it in my Incase Slider (snuggly) that I used with my black, but it is next to impossible to get it out. This post explains why...
Don't panic
Apr 28, 12:56 PM
The best I can do on short notice...
that's pretty good.
let's hope in a short night (but not too short, as in abruptly ended ;))
the tricky part will be to find the infected (which probably is not infected yet)
that's pretty good.
let's hope in a short night (but not too short, as in abruptly ended ;))
the tricky part will be to find the infected (which probably is not infected yet)
neko girl
Jan 30, 11:24 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_96OHt6xpsbg/TUZHdpPwaYI/AAAAAAAAAW4/y57-C-m7Kac/ninjas.jpg
NoNothing
Mar 29, 01:48 PM
So the reason apple charges more is because??? Seems like google is a better deal.
Not like that matters, if you develop for OSX, iOS or both... Then the sky high price might be worth it.
It is 5 days and not 2? Apple has more sessions?
Not like that matters, if you develop for OSX, iOS or both... Then the sky high price might be worth it.
It is 5 days and not 2? Apple has more sessions?

BRLawyer
Apr 11, 01:57 PM
Probably not to far off. what will be funny is all the people who bought a 2011 mbp, I am guessing probably will not choose to pay premium for the drive and will upgrade their laptop prior to buying affordable TB drive for thier machine.
I hope I am wrong, But I think 500 might not be to far off from actual price.
This is NOT the case with FW 800 today - not to mention that USB 3.0 peripherals are still far from being mainstream...:rolleyes:
I hope I am wrong, But I think 500 might not be to far off from actual price.
This is NOT the case with FW 800 today - not to mention that USB 3.0 peripherals are still far from being mainstream...:rolleyes:
Exana
Apr 19, 05:20 PM
The point, though, is that the Sandy Bridge MacBook Air will have a much better CPU, but a worse GPU unless Apple does something surprising.
Yeah ! Going with some brand new AMD's Llano APU. :D
Yeah ! Going with some brand new AMD's Llano APU. :D
nefan65
Apr 12, 09:28 AM
No.
Simply because htcSensation is 1.2GHz dual core
and... and... iphone5 will have lesser RAM than htcSensation.
Also, Apple is closed and Google is open.
okthxbai
Oh I forgot...yes...the "Specs" argument. My bad. AND the Closed vs. Open debate. Yes...that too. It's so open that I can't upgrade to the latest Android version, because it's not available for carrier XYZ. But that's not Android's fault, or the Phone's fault. You can root it though. That's awesome...root it, then download the newest launcher, then reset it, and do this, and do that. Then when that's all done, it's no better than it was when I started. But hey, my icons are Green! Cool...
Simply because htcSensation is 1.2GHz dual core
and... and... iphone5 will have lesser RAM than htcSensation.
Also, Apple is closed and Google is open.
okthxbai
Oh I forgot...yes...the "Specs" argument. My bad. AND the Closed vs. Open debate. Yes...that too. It's so open that I can't upgrade to the latest Android version, because it's not available for carrier XYZ. But that's not Android's fault, or the Phone's fault. You can root it though. That's awesome...root it, then download the newest launcher, then reset it, and do this, and do that. Then when that's all done, it's no better than it was when I started. But hey, my icons are Green! Cool...
rmwebs
Apr 26, 01:35 PM
nothing has even been released yet. why does a cloud have to run across multiple geographic locations? as long as it's online in the cloud it doesn't matter where it is.
It'll be a pathetic excuse for a cloud if it'll only stream in the US (which if they continue with this 1 datacenter model will be the case). Amazon will beat them here, hands down. Have you seen how many datacenters they have?
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2008/11/18/where-amazons-data-centers-are-located/
^ That vs 1 datacenter...lets think...who's going to get the better performance...
Also, the point of the cloud is redundancy. What happens WHEN the 1 datacenter goes down (e.g power problems, network problems, natural disasters, etc)? Apple's will be wiped out in one move, Amazon just fail over to another DC location.
It'll be a pathetic excuse for a cloud if it'll only stream in the US (which if they continue with this 1 datacenter model will be the case). Amazon will beat them here, hands down. Have you seen how many datacenters they have?
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2008/11/18/where-amazons-data-centers-are-located/
^ That vs 1 datacenter...lets think...who's going to get the better performance...
Also, the point of the cloud is redundancy. What happens WHEN the 1 datacenter goes down (e.g power problems, network problems, natural disasters, etc)? Apple's will be wiped out in one move, Amazon just fail over to another DC location.
twoodcc
Oct 30, 06:17 PM
cool thats probably it then, the -16.
the processor trick is with the dev tools. there's a prefpane where u can turn off individual cores, and turn off hyperthreading. too bad there's not a dev tool for overclocking ;)
alright. let us know how the -16 works. i've read on the folding forums about some people having more success with -15, you might even give that a try also
We might take team Lituania today ;)
i hope so
the processor trick is with the dev tools. there's a prefpane where u can turn off individual cores, and turn off hyperthreading. too bad there's not a dev tool for overclocking ;)
alright. let us know how the -16 works. i've read on the folding forums about some people having more success with -15, you might even give that a try also
We might take team Lituania today ;)
i hope so
Big Kahuna
Apr 14, 04:23 AM
Nope. It's the new iWatch!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/29/52380283_a957006048_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/29/52380283_a957006048_o.jpg
Digital Skunk
May 3, 08:23 AM
Finally!
I was going to spring for the refurb i5 at $1449 but then I saw the late 2009 i7 for $1369 and was wondering which model I should go for.
I'm honestly leaning towards the i7 and have a lot of faith in apple refurb products.
Apple refurbed are the best you can find in most cases.
Apple never puts previously damaged hardware on the refurbed store, only open boxed then returned products, or products at End Of Life (EOL). You will find TONS of the previous models on there for 15% off or more.
Any damaged goods always get parted out and used as Genius Bar parts for repair.
There are TONS of things I don't like about Apple, but they actually do refurbished good very very well.
I was going to spring for the refurb i5 at $1449 but then I saw the late 2009 i7 for $1369 and was wondering which model I should go for.
I'm honestly leaning towards the i7 and have a lot of faith in apple refurb products.
Apple refurbed are the best you can find in most cases.
Apple never puts previously damaged hardware on the refurbed store, only open boxed then returned products, or products at End Of Life (EOL). You will find TONS of the previous models on there for 15% off or more.
Any damaged goods always get parted out and used as Genius Bar parts for repair.
There are TONS of things I don't like about Apple, but they actually do refurbished good very very well.
lbro
Apr 26, 12:45 AM
and going back to read the narrative... whats a gallapagos? apparently i discovered it but seem to not know what it is..
I think he means the Galapagos Islands were discovered by Charles Darwin (they weren't). The stuffed dog Bagel probably refers to the ship the HMS Beagle Charles Darwin sailed on when he went to the Galapagos Islands.
Chrmjenkins
I think he means the Galapagos Islands were discovered by Charles Darwin (they weren't). The stuffed dog Bagel probably refers to the ship the HMS Beagle Charles Darwin sailed on when he went to the Galapagos Islands.
Chrmjenkins
chaosbunny
Apr 26, 03:03 AM
Looking forward to owning my first glossy display too. I imagine it's beautiful for photo editing+gaming.
Get ready for disappointment. The glossy screen sucks for both photo editing and gaming. Once you have some dark colors on the screen there are reflections all over the place, even in a relatively dark room. Imagine working on a night shot or running through ravenholm in half life 2 with constant reflections from pretty much everything around you - including you.
I used to be a fan of the glossy, but any more I get so irritated with it. I have a matte screen at work and I kept thinking, the colors and textures are so rich. Oh wait, its because I can actually see them. I may go Mac Pro for the Video card and 3rd party monitor option next time.
I sold my 24" glossy iMac last summer for a low end 2010 Mac Pro + 27" Dell screen and have not regretted it ever since. A propper gpu & a matte sreen offer a way better computing experience for me that was well worth the price. :)
Get ready for disappointment. The glossy screen sucks for both photo editing and gaming. Once you have some dark colors on the screen there are reflections all over the place, even in a relatively dark room. Imagine working on a night shot or running through ravenholm in half life 2 with constant reflections from pretty much everything around you - including you.
I used to be a fan of the glossy, but any more I get so irritated with it. I have a matte screen at work and I kept thinking, the colors and textures are so rich. Oh wait, its because I can actually see them. I may go Mac Pro for the Video card and 3rd party monitor option next time.
I sold my 24" glossy iMac last summer for a low end 2010 Mac Pro + 27" Dell screen and have not regretted it ever since. A propper gpu & a matte sreen offer a way better computing experience for me that was well worth the price. :)
leekohler
Apr 27, 12:55 PM
Which country are you talking about? Written in stone it's not, but obvious enough to suggest it, yes.
Ah- we have plenty of people here in the US, just like you, who insist "fact" and "speculation" are the same things. They are not.
Ah- we have plenty of people here in the US, just like you, who insist "fact" and "speculation" are the same things. They are not.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar