steve_hill4
Sep 8, 01:49 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Apple released no details to retailers prior to an announcement, or if they did, they had an NDA to prevent that information leaking out to the public.
One person at work, (who seems to be desperate to know when the new iPods will be out), contacted our head offices to speak to the people in charge of buying in new products and the quantities. She was assured our branch would have "new iPods" by next Saturday.
1. If this is true, it fits in with the Tuesday announcement
2. They may have been telling her about new stocks, (unlikely since we haven't been having stock issues of late)
3. Our buyers have given us information before that has never materialised
4. It's pretty obvious to most, especially those that visit rumour sites like me, that after one year, new models are on their way, and the special event on Tuesday will see them announced
5. She is new and doesn't understand how the company works. If we were to get them in by Saturday 16th, they would have to arrive at our national warehouse around the 12th or 14th at the absolute latest. That would mean going by other shipping beforehand, the latest they could leave China would be perhaps Monday.
Since no other information like this has come forward, I remain sceptical we will get them in by then, but we got the nanos after 7 days last year, so it is possible. Four days is unlikely though, so they would have to ship them before they are announced. This would come back to others leaking information about boxes shipping and I haven't heard much along those lines yet. I again say though I remain fully confident in them being announced on Tuesday, just sceptical of the information that was given. If it was genuine, I think Apple needs to remind all of their NDAs.
We shall see.
One person at work, (who seems to be desperate to know when the new iPods will be out), contacted our head offices to speak to the people in charge of buying in new products and the quantities. She was assured our branch would have "new iPods" by next Saturday.
1. If this is true, it fits in with the Tuesday announcement
2. They may have been telling her about new stocks, (unlikely since we haven't been having stock issues of late)
3. Our buyers have given us information before that has never materialised
4. It's pretty obvious to most, especially those that visit rumour sites like me, that after one year, new models are on their way, and the special event on Tuesday will see them announced
5. She is new and doesn't understand how the company works. If we were to get them in by Saturday 16th, they would have to arrive at our national warehouse around the 12th or 14th at the absolute latest. That would mean going by other shipping beforehand, the latest they could leave China would be perhaps Monday.
Since no other information like this has come forward, I remain sceptical we will get them in by then, but we got the nanos after 7 days last year, so it is possible. Four days is unlikely though, so they would have to ship them before they are announced. This would come back to others leaking information about boxes shipping and I haven't heard much along those lines yet. I again say though I remain fully confident in them being announced on Tuesday, just sceptical of the information that was given. If it was genuine, I think Apple needs to remind all of their NDAs.
We shall see.
Multimedia
Sep 12, 04:42 PM
Am Encoding H.264 Baseline Profile 640x480 To Test Old 5G Compatability. Takes much longer. Will report success or failure when it's done in another 35 minutes - about 3:15pm Pacific.
iPod 1.2 update software made no mention of this newer H.264 maximum dimension feature. If it works it means a whole new paradigm for Video iPods. The 320x240 pixel restriction for H.264 to date made it a highly unattractive codec to use. Now it's a whole new ballgame if it works. HDTV May be encoded 640x360 max in H.264 for a much better encode. Crossing my fingers this will work. Please pray with me now. ;)
Encoded H.264 Baseline Profile 640x480 Fails 2 Load On Old 5G
iPod 1.2 update software made no mention of this newer H.264 maximum dimension feature. If it works it means a whole new paradigm for Video iPods. The 320x240 pixel restriction for H.264 to date made it a highly unattractive codec to use. Now it's a whole new ballgame if it works. HDTV May be encoded 640x360 max in H.264 for a much better encode. Crossing my fingers this will work. Please pray with me now. ;)
Encoded H.264 Baseline Profile 640x480 Fails 2 Load On Old 5G
asdf542
Apr 22, 02:01 PM
I heard the name HP Envy, but I never bothered looking what it is. So yes, I ignore it.
So, if there's no option to have heated seats in the Audi, that looks bad.
The all new 15" Zacate notebook with an 18W CPU with a **** dispenser totally destroys the usefulness of a 15" MacBook Pro with a 45W CPU without a **** dispenser. The MacBook Pro needs a **** dispenser or else it looks bad.
looks bad
looks bad
looks bad
looks bad
So, if there's no option to have heated seats in the Audi, that looks bad.
The all new 15" Zacate notebook with an 18W CPU with a **** dispenser totally destroys the usefulness of a 15" MacBook Pro with a 45W CPU without a **** dispenser. The MacBook Pro needs a **** dispenser or else it looks bad.
looks bad
looks bad
looks bad
looks bad
AppleScruff1
Apr 28, 05:40 PM
So is that extra $.77 billion Apple made going to make a whit of difference in the end? Both companies have more cash then they know what to do with. Frankly MSFT should be less university research and more single-minded focus on products like Apple.
But Microsoft has done more for the world than Apple by taking that approach.
But Microsoft has done more for the world than Apple by taking that approach.
dizastor
Aug 23, 06:53 PM
$100 million doesn't put a dent in Apple's reserves. It's best to just get this crap out of the way.
Seems like Creative should retire now, just make iPod accessories and license their interface.
Seems like Creative should retire now, just make iPod accessories and license their interface.
Kedest
Apr 25, 02:43 PM
I just wonder what this will mean for storage space (SSD is expensive!) and for discrete graphics. The refresh can't be as thin as the Air itself if they want to keep room for a graphics chip.
iMikeT
Oct 27, 04:40 PM
This is just what we need, more hippies....
nehunte
Nov 14, 07:45 AM
I think this thread has moved too far into the law and needs to move back into the 'common sense' arena. Rogue was using images supplied to him by MAC OSX. Strangely enough, Apple denied the app. Whatever, that's fine. BUT IT TOOK THREE AND A HALF MONTHS TO SORT THE SITUATION OUT!!!!
That's the problem. It takes forever to straighten out crap with them. This is why the Facebook developer is done with Apple. He would see a bug in his app, and it would take Apple two weeks or more to approve the bug fix while everybody is experiencing the bug problems. It's completely asinine. Apple clearly had no idea how popular the App Store was going to be and still doesn't have the proper resources to handle it. Sure, the App Store has over 100,000 apps. How many of those are quality apps? Hard to tell, but I can tell you it's filled with a bunch of worthless apps that shouldn't be on there in the first place.
With the recent news around the App Store, I'm afraid you're going to start seeing a lot less quality apps and far more stupid worthless apps hit since all the good developers are leaving. It just blows my mind that Apple is having this kind of mentality while Android is starting to pick up steam. I guess I'll just have to see where this situation stands when my contract runs up. Hopefully Apple pulls their head our of their rear by then.
That's the problem. It takes forever to straighten out crap with them. This is why the Facebook developer is done with Apple. He would see a bug in his app, and it would take Apple two weeks or more to approve the bug fix while everybody is experiencing the bug problems. It's completely asinine. Apple clearly had no idea how popular the App Store was going to be and still doesn't have the proper resources to handle it. Sure, the App Store has over 100,000 apps. How many of those are quality apps? Hard to tell, but I can tell you it's filled with a bunch of worthless apps that shouldn't be on there in the first place.
With the recent news around the App Store, I'm afraid you're going to start seeing a lot less quality apps and far more stupid worthless apps hit since all the good developers are leaving. It just blows my mind that Apple is having this kind of mentality while Android is starting to pick up steam. I guess I'll just have to see where this situation stands when my contract runs up. Hopefully Apple pulls their head our of their rear by then.
MattInOz
Mar 22, 08:21 PM
More surprising than this rumor is the fact that it's the first actual MAC rumor (beyond "we've found that the Early 2011 MacBook Pros have quirks" posts) in weeks. None of that is surprising though. I wonder if there will be any surprises with this refresh? I'm guessing no Blu-Ray, which means I'm not buying one. Though I'm still curious as to what'll be under the hood.
Ummm... you do realize that rumour volume doesn't equate to Apple's interest levels or efforts in any particular product. They are almost entirely driven by web traffic and ad views numbers. If Mac News/Rumours generated the sort of traffic that iDevice rumours did I'm sure we would see the same level of "Making @^#^ up" oops sorry, I'm mean In depth analysis about the Mac as we see about iDevices.
Ummm... you do realize that rumour volume doesn't equate to Apple's interest levels or efforts in any particular product. They are almost entirely driven by web traffic and ad views numbers. If Mac News/Rumours generated the sort of traffic that iDevice rumours did I'm sure we would see the same level of "Making @^#^ up" oops sorry, I'm mean In depth analysis about the Mac as we see about iDevices.
Mitch1984
Sep 14, 10:31 AM
Well let's see, the picture is a camera, so I believe it will somehow relate to pro users and photographers.
Thus I believe it will be:

%IMG_DESC_11%

%IMG_DESC_12%

%IMG_DESC_13%

%IMG_DESC_14%

%IMG_DESC_15%

%IMG_DESC_16%

%IMG_DESC_17%

%IMG_DESC_18%

%IMG_DESC_19%
Thus I believe it will be:
deputy_doofy
Sep 14, 08:41 AM
September 24th is a Sunday? If they release a new MBP, that'll definitely throw everybody off the "normal" release schedule (usually Tuesdays, but sometimes Monday or Wednesday).
dr_lha
Sep 26, 03:54 PM
What phone you have? The newer quad band phones get great service in and out of urban areas using Cingular.
Quad band has nothing to do with getting service in the US. A dual band phone will get you all the service you ever need in the USA. The 2 extra bands in "quad band" are ones used outside of the US.
Quad band has nothing to do with getting service in the US. A dual band phone will get you all the service you ever need in the USA. The 2 extra bands in "quad band" are ones used outside of the US.
swingerofbirch
Sep 9, 01:59 AM
I'm getting a 17" 2 ghz C2D iMac (that's a mouthful) soon.
Sounds exciting with all that speed! I don't know what to do with it! I guess my iTunes visualizations will be smoother, and I'll have the Dashboard ripple effect.
I also work in iMovie sometimes so the speed gain will be nice.
I am moving up from an eMac 1 gigahertz G4. So I'm sure it will seem very fast to me. Probably more than I need.
Sounds exciting with all that speed! I don't know what to do with it! I guess my iTunes visualizations will be smoother, and I'll have the Dashboard ripple effect.
I also work in iMovie sometimes so the speed gain will be nice.
I am moving up from an eMac 1 gigahertz G4. So I'm sure it will seem very fast to me. Probably more than I need.
Otaviano
Apr 22, 05:48 AM
How does streaming music to my iPhone help me, when O2 cap my Internet usage, and then charge when you use more.
A great point, it's kind of funny how consumers have let the media lead us into believing we need clouded services out of everything. I can understand streaming television and films, but what is so hard about syncing your music at home once or twice a week?
A great point, it's kind of funny how consumers have let the media lead us into believing we need clouded services out of everything. I can understand streaming television and films, but what is so hard about syncing your music at home once or twice a week?
digitalbiker
Sep 13, 10:21 PM
It's all good. ;) :)
So does anyone think Apple would go retro and offer a "digital rotary dial" option using the clickwheel for dialing digits? I think it would be kind of cool, but then again, I love the old rotary phones. :D
After further thought, I suppose it might be a novelty that wears off fast... :o ;)
I'm thinking more along the lines of a really thin flip phone. The ipod functionality would be on the outside of the flip (ie click wheel) and the keypad would be on the inside of the flip. Close the flip and the exposed LCD shows a normal ipod screen. Open the flp and the screen shows the phone interface.
So does anyone think Apple would go retro and offer a "digital rotary dial" option using the clickwheel for dialing digits? I think it would be kind of cool, but then again, I love the old rotary phones. :D
After further thought, I suppose it might be a novelty that wears off fast... :o ;)
I'm thinking more along the lines of a really thin flip phone. The ipod functionality would be on the outside of the flip (ie click wheel) and the keypad would be on the inside of the flip. Close the flip and the exposed LCD shows a normal ipod screen. Open the flp and the screen shows the phone interface.
Michael Scrip
Apr 22, 02:03 AM
This sounds great..... will it be free?
Macnoviz
Sep 26, 07:39 AM
I see, another "we'll start in US and maybe in the future do something for the rest of the world, too" product.
Well, good luck finding an exclusive deal in Belgium, you can't "lock" cell phones here, we believe in choice. Hopefully it will be GSM (100 % coverage)
Well, good luck finding an exclusive deal in Belgium, you can't "lock" cell phones here, we believe in choice. Hopefully it will be GSM (100 % coverage)
faithfulFrank
Sep 26, 09:04 AM
Well, here in western NY,(USA) this would be bad news.
You could drop a bomb on the cingular stores here and not hurt anyone. Here, Verizon is king. Everyone has Verizon, and they have Verizon here because of two things....they are the only one who has coverage, and because everyone is "in network", you call everyone else for free without using minutes.
In my job, if I miss one phone call, it costs me $500 bucks. I cannot afford to lose a phone call, and a few years ago when I had Cingular, I lost a lot of calls.
Don't get me wrong....I have no great love for Verizon, but the sad fact is that at least here, they are the only viable option. My friend was visiting the other day, and had "no service" at my house, less then one mile from our "city". He has T-mobile. (Only one I know who does) At work, the city manager made a great decision to get nextel for all of our rigs because he thought the walkie-talkie feature would be "cool".......they die going 15 miles from our "city". no one even uses them. They are dusty.
It is too early to get worked up over this.....too little real info. If it works with verizon....great, i'll be the first to get one around here. If not, I love my nano, and have more then one pocket. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Frank D.
You could drop a bomb on the cingular stores here and not hurt anyone. Here, Verizon is king. Everyone has Verizon, and they have Verizon here because of two things....they are the only one who has coverage, and because everyone is "in network", you call everyone else for free without using minutes.
In my job, if I miss one phone call, it costs me $500 bucks. I cannot afford to lose a phone call, and a few years ago when I had Cingular, I lost a lot of calls.
Don't get me wrong....I have no great love for Verizon, but the sad fact is that at least here, they are the only viable option. My friend was visiting the other day, and had "no service" at my house, less then one mile from our "city". He has T-mobile. (Only one I know who does) At work, the city manager made a great decision to get nextel for all of our rigs because he thought the walkie-talkie feature would be "cool".......they die going 15 miles from our "city". no one even uses them. They are dusty.
It is too early to get worked up over this.....too little real info. If it works with verizon....great, i'll be the first to get one around here. If not, I love my nano, and have more then one pocket. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Frank D.
rhett7660
Nov 13, 05:12 PM
the tide is turning against Apple here, they need to clean up their act and get this whole thing working better.
i understand the walled-garden approach and respect that, but they also need to get the store cleaned up/organized and they need to work better with developers - which might just mean hiring more people to work with them on a daily basis.
You really think so? Three programs between these two development teams. Facebook and then these two. Yeah I see a huge tide turning right now. Please.
And the paid app didn't even sell that well.
i understand the walled-garden approach and respect that, but they also need to get the store cleaned up/organized and they need to work better with developers - which might just mean hiring more people to work with them on a daily basis.
You really think so? Three programs between these two development teams. Facebook and then these two. Yeah I see a huge tide turning right now. Please.
And the paid app didn't even sell that well.
Apple Shmapple
Sep 12, 04:17 PM
I just watched the stream. Not before Christmas. Jobs made it pretty clear that these updates and new iPods are the holiday product line up.
That's just sad. Incredibly, incredibly sad.
Guess I'll go hit ebay for a 4th gen 20 gig since the 5th gen offers nothing new (4:3 2 inch screen video playback is not a "feature") and this 'update' offers even less.
I'd be surprised if Apple sells HALF the number of iPods this holiday season vs. last.
That's just sad. Incredibly, incredibly sad.
Guess I'll go hit ebay for a 4th gen 20 gig since the 5th gen offers nothing new (4:3 2 inch screen video playback is not a "feature") and this 'update' offers even less.
I'd be surprised if Apple sells HALF the number of iPods this holiday season vs. last.
daneoni
Apr 22, 12:18 PM
It doesn't happen because what they should really be putting is Blu-Ray.
Unlikely to happen except for maybe the Mac Pros. Apple wants you to get your media from iTunes.
Unlikely to happen except for maybe the Mac Pros. Apple wants you to get your media from iTunes.
sisyphus
Sep 10, 09:33 PM
Flame me if you must, but what is the sense in having multiple cores if the software running on it doesn't take advantage of it? Same thing with advertising the new chips as being 64 bit. That's great, but I don't have anything (not in beta) that can use it.
Apple themselves have never been great at making use of multiple processors (in tandem), so I'm not getting how 4, 8, 32 cores makes much difference?
According to the Page 2 Rumors there are some significant speed ups to OpenGL in the next update to 10.4 due to multithreading. Apple has had 4 processor systems for over a year now. I would think they have some ideas about how to make use of it.
Things like the next version of iChat... 1 core to run some application, another for the computer to compress that image into a nice stream to be broadcast over the net, and another to do the actual operation of iChat and the OS and whatever else you have in the background at the time.
There are all sorts of stupid (and not so stupid) ways to eat up processor cycles if you have them. :rolleyes:
Apple themselves have never been great at making use of multiple processors (in tandem), so I'm not getting how 4, 8, 32 cores makes much difference?
According to the Page 2 Rumors there are some significant speed ups to OpenGL in the next update to 10.4 due to multithreading. Apple has had 4 processor systems for over a year now. I would think they have some ideas about how to make use of it.
Things like the next version of iChat... 1 core to run some application, another for the computer to compress that image into a nice stream to be broadcast over the net, and another to do the actual operation of iChat and the OS and whatever else you have in the background at the time.
There are all sorts of stupid (and not so stupid) ways to eat up processor cycles if you have them. :rolleyes:
hyperpasta
Sep 4, 03:10 PM
Although the semi-official word out of Apple Americas is that invitations to the event have "not been sent" out, a seemingly inadvertent leak out of Apple Europe last week pinned the affair for Tuesday, September 12. It will be hosted by Jobs in a yet-to-be disclosed California location and beamed via satellite throughout the world.
Jobs will have much to talk about during the event, sources familiar with the chief executive's plans have said, including new iMacs and a much-anticipated update to the iPod nano. But the real push, they say, will be tied to the big screen.
Read on and be wowed:
http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2016
Jobs will have much to talk about during the event, sources familiar with the chief executive's plans have said, including new iMacs and a much-anticipated update to the iPod nano. But the real push, they say, will be tied to the big screen.
Read on and be wowed:
http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2016
Eraserhead
Nov 13, 05:16 PM
Apple is the copyright holder of those images and they provide the right to use those images in Applications running on macs via the API on a Mac running OS X.
So why can't you use an official Apple API on the iPhone? That's crazy.
So why can't you use an official Apple API on the iPhone? That's crazy.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar