senthil
01-17 11:30 AM
i would recommend --
its worth going to a tax filing rep ( HR block or any local re closer to you ) who'll get your job done easy. bec this involves not only adding your spouse to your tax records for the first time to get rebates etc. they will also help fill required forms / pappers to apply a new ITIN for your spouse, which is supposed to go to a diff address for requesting ITIN and once after an ITIN is assigned, it gets forwarded to the right place where it should be filed etc.
Having copies of all forms this time, may be it will be easier for you next time to do it yourself. my 2 c. good luck
its worth going to a tax filing rep ( HR block or any local re closer to you ) who'll get your job done easy. bec this involves not only adding your spouse to your tax records for the first time to get rebates etc. they will also help fill required forms / pappers to apply a new ITIN for your spouse, which is supposed to go to a diff address for requesting ITIN and once after an ITIN is assigned, it gets forwarded to the right place where it should be filed etc.
Having copies of all forms this time, may be it will be easier for you next time to do it yourself. my 2 c. good luck
wallpaper Map Of Us And Canada.
SAP
02-06 09:47 PM
i would say give some peace of mind to your employer first you flirt with him that you will go to labor department. he will pay you and give you want u want with a smile. try it
sap
sap
yetanotherguyinline
01-18 01:48 PM
Great initiative Gopal :)
2011 us canada ireland map

EkAurAaya
03-20 10:26 AM
if you are foreign national selling a house, 10 % of your sale price may be held in escrow account till you pay the taxes. This is the case in atleast some states. This is what your real estate lawyer might be referring to. The rest 10 % is released after you have shown proof that you have paid your taxes.
Thanks you pointed me in the right direction... very interesting its called FIRPTA
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/international/article/0,,id=105000,00.html
Anyone investing in Real estate should read this
Thanks you pointed me in the right direction... very interesting its called FIRPTA
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/international/article/0,,id=105000,00.html
Anyone investing in Real estate should read this
more...
mihird
07-20 05:43 PM
But my question is can you have BOTH of them. Some say you can have 2 H1s at the same time for different companies, so hence my question was, can you have an H1 and an L1 at the same time.
Biju, whom did you ask, an immigration attorney or just on forums?
A concurrent H1 and L1 should be doable too...much like two concurrent H1s...
As long as you meet the requirements of the two visa categories, you should be able to hold both concurrently...
My knowledge on L1 is limited, but I thought, unlike H1, L1 was not as much a dual intent visa...it required evidence of some times to the foreign domicile..although, I could be wrong...I faintly remember the laws governing L1 were signficantly changed a couple of years back...
In short, if L1 is not much of a dual intent as H1, you might have trouble getting the two approved concurrently, but if they are equally dual intent, getting them concurrently shouldn't be a problem...
Biju, whom did you ask, an immigration attorney or just on forums?
A concurrent H1 and L1 should be doable too...much like two concurrent H1s...
As long as you meet the requirements of the two visa categories, you should be able to hold both concurrently...
My knowledge on L1 is limited, but I thought, unlike H1, L1 was not as much a dual intent visa...it required evidence of some times to the foreign domicile..although, I could be wrong...I faintly remember the laws governing L1 were signficantly changed a couple of years back...
In short, if L1 is not much of a dual intent as H1, you might have trouble getting the two approved concurrently, but if they are equally dual intent, getting them concurrently shouldn't be a problem...
redcard
08-23 11:29 AM
I have a approved I-140 (Jan 2005). My PD is March 2004 and I have already filed I-485 (filed simultaneously with 140). Now I am waiting for the PD to become current for 485 approval. My 6 years on H1 will expire in March 2007. I checked with my GC lawyer and he said that since I have a approved 140 I can apply for a 3 year extension on H1 six months before the H1 expiry. I have to travel to India in Feb-March 2007 and so my questions are:
1. Can I travel to India while my H1 extension application is still pending and return to US before the current H1 expires? What will happen if the application gets approved while I am in India?
2. If I get my H1 extension approved effective April 2007 and I travel to India in Feb-March 2007 while my current H1 is still valid do I still need to get the new H1 stamped on the passport or I can enter US on the current stamped H1.
3. If none of the above is possible then can I return from India in mid-March 2007 and apply for H1 ext and still continue to stay in US if I get the receipt of H1 ext application before March 31, 2007?
Thanks in advance.
I am not sure if you need an extension ..since you have already applied for 485..you should have a EAD which is authorization to work and you must have applied for AP which is required for travel..and you dont need a stamp to enter back in case you have an Advance Parole..
1. Can I travel to India while my H1 extension application is still pending and return to US before the current H1 expires? What will happen if the application gets approved while I am in India?
2. If I get my H1 extension approved effective April 2007 and I travel to India in Feb-March 2007 while my current H1 is still valid do I still need to get the new H1 stamped on the passport or I can enter US on the current stamped H1.
3. If none of the above is possible then can I return from India in mid-March 2007 and apply for H1 ext and still continue to stay in US if I get the receipt of H1 ext application before March 31, 2007?
Thanks in advance.
I am not sure if you need an extension ..since you have already applied for 485..you should have a EAD which is authorization to work and you must have applied for AP which is required for travel..and you dont need a stamp to enter back in case you have an Advance Parole..
more...
anilsal
12-21 12:00 AM
how can I get a copy of my approved I-140?....my lawyer won't give it to me...heck he won't even give me the case#
please help
Can't he not give you a copy of the I140 approval? That will have the case number. Something like, LINxxxxxxx
please help
Can't he not give you a copy of the I140 approval? That will have the case number. Something like, LINxxxxxxx
2010 Title: USA Wall Map Executive
himu73
12-08 10:37 AM
I have received EAD/AP. Need to know if I have need to go for EAD renewal in USCIS office or it comes by post
more...
bluez25
07-16 04:03 PM
Hi tinku,
I got apointment in chennai consulate for August 11 and I already have a PCC from SFO Indian consulate which was issued in July last year. Unfortunatly the PCC is valid only for a year so I have to get a new one also. I emailed the Chennai Consulate and got a reply back saying that I might have to get the PCC from my local police station as well as from the passport office.
Hope this information helps.
I got apointment in chennai consulate for August 11 and I already have a PCC from SFO Indian consulate which was issued in July last year. Unfortunatly the PCC is valid only for a year so I have to get a new one also. I emailed the Chennai Consulate and got a reply back saying that I might have to get the PCC from my local police station as well as from the passport office.
Hope this information helps.
hair map of canada and usa with
am001
07-28 03:57 PM
Just wanted to let you all know I got my name change in the passport ( Indian Embessy NY)
thanks for all your help
Can you tell the entire process what you did. I have same case with my son's possport except we are in DC.
thanks for all your help
Can you tell the entire process what you did. I have same case with my son's possport except we are in DC.
more...
desi3933
06-23 12:38 PM
Port 2003 PD at the time of filing 2nd I-140, keep copies of old labor + 140 and new approved labor and a cover letter should specify that the beneficiary for both is the same ie YOU and you are not doing labor subsititution. I have been successful porting my pd from 03- the only difference was that my job classification was the same and salary for 2nd job was more
A
This is correct.
However, it does not matter if it is labor substitution (you can still do PD porting). Job Description changes do not matter.
The only requirement is the other I-140 must be approved and active
and it must belong to same beneficiary.
Not a legal advice.
A
This is correct.
However, it does not matter if it is labor substitution (you can still do PD porting). Job Description changes do not matter.
The only requirement is the other I-140 must be approved and active
and it must belong to same beneficiary.
Not a legal advice.
hot Locator Map middot; Canada middot; USA
a_tyagi26
02-02 12:10 PM
Assume:
This mean from the date this bill gets enacted, one should stay in USA for five years continuously.
It's impossible, atleast for me. I can't even think that I won't be able to go to India for 5 years. It would be a torture on my soul. This kind of clause works for an un-documented immigrant, who don't have a choice to leave but not for legal immigrant.
What my company tell me to go to another country say some Brazil to implement project and infrastructure and I had to stay 2 months? Then I have to start afresh ?
I believe you need more than 6months of stay for it to be called as continous presence. Anyone shed some light.
This mean from the date this bill gets enacted, one should stay in USA for five years continuously.
It's impossible, atleast for me. I can't even think that I won't be able to go to India for 5 years. It would be a torture on my soul. This kind of clause works for an un-documented immigrant, who don't have a choice to leave but not for legal immigrant.
What my company tell me to go to another country say some Brazil to implement project and infrastructure and I had to stay 2 months? Then I have to start afresh ?
I believe you need more than 6months of stay for it to be called as continous presence. Anyone shed some light.
more...
house Map Of Usa And Canada, Nba,
CantLeaveAmerica
03-28 09:48 AM
guys, Murthy says EB2 will move forward in May 2008 bulletine. Reason is getting leftover visa from EB1 India's category.
http://murthy.com/bulletin.html
hoping big forward move.:D
Great for us...aren't are Indian PHD's in the US are as scholarly and motivated as before? lol To think that there are left over visas in this category beats me ! :D
http://murthy.com/bulletin.html
hoping big forward move.:D
Great for us...aren't are Indian PHD's in the US are as scholarly and motivated as before? lol To think that there are left over visas in this category beats me ! :D
tattoo to travel in Canada,
velan
05-26 06:17 AM
We should say thanks to IV core team, senators who understand our pains and helped to achieve this level and finally to QGA for the guidance given to IV core team.
more...
pictures Map of United States and
ItIsNotFunny
10-23 03:57 PM
Hi,
My mother-in-law is coming to US on 2nd Dec on a one-way ticket, she will be going back around March 09 i.e. in almost 4 months.
As we dont know abt the dates as such of return so we have booked a one-way ticket from India to US.
Will there be any problem due to that at port of entry?
Do she also need to carry travel insurance along with her?
Thanks in advance.
First of all how did she buy one way ticket. Most IATA makes sure that temporary visa don't get one way ticket.
There are good amount of chances (intend to immigrate) at port.
My mother-in-law is coming to US on 2nd Dec on a one-way ticket, she will be going back around March 09 i.e. in almost 4 months.
As we dont know abt the dates as such of return so we have booked a one-way ticket from India to US.
Will there be any problem due to that at port of entry?
Do she also need to carry travel insurance along with her?
Thanks in advance.
First of all how did she buy one way ticket. Most IATA makes sure that temporary visa don't get one way ticket.
There are good amount of chances (intend to immigrate) at port.
dresses Canada amp; USA
bluekayal
06-22 05:41 AM
I know of cases where AOS person got laid off and tool unemployment. Remember, GC is for the future. So a letter from a future employer...or being employed as GC is being approved will help. My 2 cents...but check.
if your EAD is based on YOUR I-140, then I dont think you have a valid status. During AOS, you need to have a job in the same category the EAD is valid for, unless you are the dependent.
In AOS, you cannot apply for unemployment benefit as it will trigger an USCIS audit.
By US law, if you are unemployed and are PRESENT in the US, you are entitled to umemployment benefit as you paid into the system.
By law again, if you are in non-immigrant status (AOS is considered non-immigrant until you get the green card), and you lose your job, you have to leave the country or you will start accuring illegal stay.
Check with your lawyer before you do anything.
if your EAD is based on YOUR I-140, then I dont think you have a valid status. During AOS, you need to have a job in the same category the EAD is valid for, unless you are the dependent.
In AOS, you cannot apply for unemployment benefit as it will trigger an USCIS audit.
By US law, if you are unemployed and are PRESENT in the US, you are entitled to umemployment benefit as you paid into the system.
By law again, if you are in non-immigrant status (AOS is considered non-immigrant until you get the green card), and you lose your job, you have to leave the country or you will start accuring illegal stay.
Check with your lawyer before you do anything.
more...
makeup USA and Canada Map
eldrick
08-16 04:44 PM
Thanks that made feel better. Thank you again guys for your help.
girlfriend offices in Canada and the
apb
04-04 01:30 PM
1. Did you find have any issues when getting 485 approved.
---- Here most are with GC app pending. AC21 is being used by many only in the last two months.
2. Did you file AC21.
Yes
3. Does the job responsibility has to meet 100% word by word.
Not necessary
4. Has any one you applied for EAD extension on your own.
I did not apply for extension. But when my time comes I will do it on my own.
Lawyer cost is $300 per applicant per document (EAD and AP treated separately by lawyer and charged separately by lawyer.
5. Has any one got an RFE after changing the Job on EAD and submitting AC21. if so what kind of questions do they ask.
No RFE yet. I am not sure why they will ask question if you had worked for GC company > 180 days.
---- Here most are with GC app pending. AC21 is being used by many only in the last two months.
2. Did you file AC21.
Yes
3. Does the job responsibility has to meet 100% word by word.
Not necessary
4. Has any one you applied for EAD extension on your own.
I did not apply for extension. But when my time comes I will do it on my own.
Lawyer cost is $300 per applicant per document (EAD and AP treated separately by lawyer and charged separately by lawyer.
5. Has any one got an RFE after changing the Job on EAD and submitting AC21. if so what kind of questions do they ask.
No RFE yet. I am not sure why they will ask question if you had worked for GC company > 180 days.
hairstyles USA, Canada and Mexico Atlas -
eb3retro
09-28 09:35 PM
I will keep it with me until you come back and for sure will return it back to you..you are not believing me..come on???:D:D:D I promise...;););) I will return it safely..
Has anybody travelled TO India with personal gold jewellery? I am not concerned about theft/security. My question is about Customs clearance at the airport. Do we need to declare it or pay customs duty?
If you have any experience doing this, please do share it here.
Thank you.
Has anybody travelled TO India with personal gold jewellery? I am not concerned about theft/security. My question is about Customs clearance at the airport. Do we need to declare it or pay customs duty?
If you have any experience doing this, please do share it here.
Thank you.
chanduv23
08-07 10:52 PM
and bump///
^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^
go_guy123
11-03 06:57 PM
I disagree. I think that we will see an another attempt at CIR bill. Dems will want to capitalize on their surge among the hispanic bloc; see the comments by Nancy Palosi [sp?]. An attempt will be made to cast it as an aid for economy: to bring people out of shadows so that they can buy houses etc.
But then this is just my opinion which, like yours, is just an opinion. Heck even my 5 year old these days does not seem to hold my opinion in any regard :)
Thats the concern. CIR pits illegals vs legals. The CIR bill allocates quotas from legals to illegals.
But then this is just my opinion which, like yours, is just an opinion. Heck even my 5 year old these days does not seem to hold my opinion in any regard :)
Thats the concern. CIR pits illegals vs legals. The CIR bill allocates quotas from legals to illegals.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar