ScubaDuc
Sep 14, 08:55 AM
New version of Aperture!.. Saweeet
or more likely a new Apple iSLR
16 Megapixels
full frame sensor
Adaptive lens mount supports all Canon and Nikon Lenses
60gb removeable 1.8" hard drive
3" OLED screen
Anti-Dust
Anti-shake
Shoots in a new Apple RAW format
eye tracking for focus
Spot metering
1/8000 shutter with 150,000 shutter life
Full weather sealing
Magnesium body
6fps (up to 25 raw frames)
Depth of Field Preview
Pop up flash
802.11 Wifi
GPS built in
Optional Battery Grip
Scrollwheel navigation for menu system
Apple iScreen Digital Image processor
64 Segment Metering and Spot Metering
Supports Compact Flash
Ohhh, Please let it be watertight to at least 100ft/30 meters while we are at it..:rolleyes:
or more likely a new Apple iSLR
16 Megapixels
full frame sensor
Adaptive lens mount supports all Canon and Nikon Lenses
60gb removeable 1.8" hard drive
3" OLED screen
Anti-Dust
Anti-shake
Shoots in a new Apple RAW format
eye tracking for focus
Spot metering
1/8000 shutter with 150,000 shutter life
Full weather sealing
Magnesium body
6fps (up to 25 raw frames)
Depth of Field Preview
Pop up flash
802.11 Wifi
GPS built in
Optional Battery Grip
Scrollwheel navigation for menu system
Apple iScreen Digital Image processor
64 Segment Metering and Spot Metering
Supports Compact Flash
Ohhh, Please let it be watertight to at least 100ft/30 meters while we are at it..:rolleyes:
GQB
Mar 23, 05:03 PM
I'm simultaneously amused and saddened by the number of people who believe that drunk driving is a constitutionally protected right.
Hope you never have to see the results of the 'patriots' who would have a use for this and then kill innocent people.
This app enables murder. Rationalize all you want.
Hope you never have to see the results of the 'patriots' who would have a use for this and then kill innocent people.
This app enables murder. Rationalize all you want.
imikem
Sep 9, 07:42 PM
I think we all knew that Merom would only bring modest performance gains.
Core 2 is a significantly different beast architecturally from Yonah to Merom. Merom has Intel's clone of AMD's cloned/extended x86 instruction set*, 64-bit instructions as well as long overdue changes to handling of old instructions, allowing this generation of CPUs to better utilize registers.
There are other enhancements in Core 2 as well, so I doubt that the current compilers are getting the full performance potential. It may be several months before updated compilers can properly optimize code for Core 2. Stay tuned.
* Sorry about that - x86 architecture is not pretty to look at. I sure liked the elegance of the PPC instruction set, but guess what $$Billions$$ can do?
Core 2 is a significantly different beast architecturally from Yonah to Merom. Merom has Intel's clone of AMD's cloned/extended x86 instruction set*, 64-bit instructions as well as long overdue changes to handling of old instructions, allowing this generation of CPUs to better utilize registers.
There are other enhancements in Core 2 as well, so I doubt that the current compilers are getting the full performance potential. It may be several months before updated compilers can properly optimize code for Core 2. Stay tuned.
* Sorry about that - x86 architecture is not pretty to look at. I sure liked the elegance of the PPC instruction set, but guess what $$Billions$$ can do?
Doctor Q
Sep 15, 06:43 PM
Just to further clarify -- NIH syndrome is when a company chooses not to use technologies invented by other companies in its own products. They prefer to design and build the entire package themselves, in-house.
I'm not that interested in an iPhone. Apple would need to add some very unique features for me to consider buying one.What if it supported NuBus cards?
OK, that was a (bad) joke, since I think NuBus was one of those Apple-only inventions from the past.
But why would you NOT want Apple's phone, szark? Is is that you don't want a camera phone or music phone in the first place, or that you expect it to be priced too high? Without knowing more about it, how do we know it's not going to be at least as good as the phones we have now? Plus an Apple logo.
I'm not that interested in an iPhone. Apple would need to add some very unique features for me to consider buying one.What if it supported NuBus cards?
OK, that was a (bad) joke, since I think NuBus was one of those Apple-only inventions from the past.
But why would you NOT want Apple's phone, szark? Is is that you don't want a camera phone or music phone in the first place, or that you expect it to be priced too high? Without knowing more about it, how do we know it's not going to be at least as good as the phones we have now? Plus an Apple logo.
Demoman
Sep 10, 04:26 PM
I remember back in the 2nd half of the 90's, HP came out with the dual Pentium II processor configuration, which only ran on NT. At the time I was administering a new Sparc network and we had a Sun 690MP with 4 ultra-Sparc processors. I thought is was cool that MS PC's had moved to multiple processors.
However, I was disappointed to learn that the 2nd processor could be only be used for little more than a coprocessor. So, I did some reading about the relationship of the Bus design, processor architecture and the OS. It made me appreciate Sparc a lot more.
Fast forward 10 years and it seems like I need to do some more reading. I would like to get current with what is being used today, and what may be in the pipeline for the next couple years.
I can search the web. But, I know some of you are very knowledgeable about this and may have a good source to recommend. Thanks.
However, I was disappointed to learn that the 2nd processor could be only be used for little more than a coprocessor. So, I did some reading about the relationship of the Bus design, processor architecture and the OS. It made me appreciate Sparc a lot more.
Fast forward 10 years and it seems like I need to do some more reading. I would like to get current with what is being used today, and what may be in the pipeline for the next couple years.
I can search the web. But, I know some of you are very knowledgeable about this and may have a good source to recommend. Thanks.
beangibbs
Apr 25, 02:04 PM
What do you mean, "you people"
Image (http://oneguyrambling.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/600full-tropic-thunder-photo.jpg)
Win to the nth power. I spit my drink out laughing.
Image (http://oneguyrambling.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/600full-tropic-thunder-photo.jpg)
Win to the nth power. I spit my drink out laughing.
Object-X
Aug 28, 03:12 PM
I'll bet we see a Mini refresh tomorrow.
That would be good news for me since I just bought a mini last week. I could return it and get a new one. Anyone know of benchmarks comparing the core duo with the core 2 duo?
That would be good news for me since I just bought a mini last week. I could return it and get a new one. Anyone know of benchmarks comparing the core duo with the core 2 duo?
sully677
May 1, 12:11 AM
Any news about a 24in option?
Consultant
Mar 29, 11:47 AM
Sure. Similar growth rate to Microsoft Windows Mobile, Microsoft Zune, or Microsoft Kin phone. :rolleyes:
Or they just pulled it out of their arse.
Or they just pulled it out of their arse.
chezhoy
Apr 22, 12:30 PM
I sure hope not!
Ooh, I wonder what the other upgrades will be. Macbook Airs are becoming really awesome notebooks. Hopefully it someday takes over the macbook. iPad <Macbook (Air) < Macbook Pro < iMac < Mac Pro
Ooh, I wonder what the other upgrades will be. Macbook Airs are becoming really awesome notebooks. Hopefully it someday takes over the macbook. iPad <Macbook (Air) < Macbook Pro < iMac < Mac Pro
ChazUK
Mar 30, 01:43 PM
It is a market that sells apps. You know, and app market. No need for them to describe it as an App Store since that description would not fly over anyone's head.
But it is an "app store".
But it is an "app store".
the future
Sep 12, 03:09 PM
Can sombody explain the following:
"old" 5G 30 GB: music playback 14 h, video playback 2 h.
"new" 5G 30 GB: music playback STILL 14 h, video playback ALMOST DOUBLED at 3.5 h.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
"old" 5G 30 GB: music playback 14 h, video playback 2 h.
"new" 5G 30 GB: music playback STILL 14 h, video playback ALMOST DOUBLED at 3.5 h.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
marting
Mar 29, 02:30 PM
Are you suggesting that an internationally respected technology analysis firm might have more of a clue than the fans on MacRumours?
I think he is. Too bad IDC isn't one of them.
I think he is. Too bad IDC isn't one of them.
yg17
Apr 25, 10:01 AM
He's definitely lying about some stuff
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=7705428&postcount=15
How true, and she would have deserved to get it keyed. Why can't my mom or dad be a rich lawyer or doctor or something like that?
In less than 3 years, your mom went to law school, passed the bar exam, and became the top attorney in the biggest law firm in your state? Impressive.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=10945954&postcount=40

%IMG_DESC_15%

%IMG_DESC_16%

%IMG_DESC_17%

%IMG_DESC_18%

%IMG_DESC_19%
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=7705428&postcount=15
How true, and she would have deserved to get it keyed. Why can't my mom or dad be a rich lawyer or doctor or something like that?
In less than 3 years, your mom went to law school, passed the bar exam, and became the top attorney in the biggest law firm in your state? Impressive.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=10945954&postcount=40
Spaceman Spiff
Sep 9, 02:16 AM
Benchamarks, eh?
As long as it's not beating the Mac Pro, I'm happy.
As long as it's not beating the Mac Pro, I'm happy.
Stridder44
Sep 9, 04:57 AM
I am moving up from an eMac 1 gigahertz G4. So I'm sure it will seem very fast to me. Probably more than I need.
Im still stuck on my 800 mhz G4 with it's crappy 2X Graphics card. 2X!! Oh how I wait for the day when...
Im still stuck on my 800 mhz G4 with it's crappy 2X Graphics card. 2X!! Oh how I wait for the day when...
Vegasman
Mar 30, 12:58 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)
'app store' means simply 'store at which apps are offered for sale,'
So what about Apple store?
It would not be a problem. Unless they started selling fruits.
'app store' means simply 'store at which apps are offered for sale,'
So what about Apple store?
It would not be a problem. Unless they started selling fruits.
orbital
Apr 20, 12:20 PM
Your loosing it wrong
Multimedia
Sep 12, 07:02 PM
just before i jump between covers.... a rip from handbrake in 100% quality i had from before, DV Pal footage, 720p and 1080i footage all opened in quicktime and just gone to export for iPod all worked fine.
Rocketman
Sep 1, 02:55 PM
While it sounds good, I don't see this happen soon at all. Also, Verizon disagrees with you, because they are pulling fiber to the homes in several (large) cities and more to come. The investment for 4G (802.16e I assume you're talking about)will be much too high while not providing enough guarantees it will be financial feasible in short and mid term to make shareholders feel confortable. But if it will, Apple will get my money :) But are there enough gadget geeks like me in the world? That will make or break the project.....
It boils down to suburban, rural, and rural-suburban access.
Currently Satellite will do it at high cost. (hughesnet.com)
2G will do it with crippled bandwidth and high cost.
POTS will do it with crippled speed and uncrippled cost.
Big cities are never the biggest nut to crack.
Rocketman
It boils down to suburban, rural, and rural-suburban access.
Currently Satellite will do it at high cost. (hughesnet.com)
2G will do it with crippled bandwidth and high cost.
POTS will do it with crippled speed and uncrippled cost.
Big cities are never the biggest nut to crack.
Rocketman
iMacZealot
Sep 17, 11:54 PM
There are ways of walking on the moon. Doesnt mean its particularly consumer-friendly.
I brought up using a phone internationally because of the technical compatibility of using GSM over CDMA. price is irrelevant. the fact that "some cdma phones are gsm compatible" is proof that CDMA has very limited use worldwide.
so basically. IF your CDMA carrier has a phone that you like AND is GSM compatible, you can take it and roam.
or. you can accept that while it may be technically superior (i said MAY. speed isnt everything) CDMA is a very tiny pocket of the mobile market.
The only reason why CDMA is basically only in the US is because it was still being developed while the EU jumped on GSM and endorsed it for every country. If your reason why CDMA is terrible is due to limited use, then, that's at best poor reasoning.
I brought up using a phone internationally because of the technical compatibility of using GSM over CDMA. price is irrelevant. the fact that "some cdma phones are gsm compatible" is proof that CDMA has very limited use worldwide.
so basically. IF your CDMA carrier has a phone that you like AND is GSM compatible, you can take it and roam.
or. you can accept that while it may be technically superior (i said MAY. speed isnt everything) CDMA is a very tiny pocket of the mobile market.
The only reason why CDMA is basically only in the US is because it was still being developed while the EU jumped on GSM and endorsed it for every country. If your reason why CDMA is terrible is due to limited use, then, that's at best poor reasoning.
GFLPraxis
Jul 14, 07:25 PM
Did anyone pay attention to the power and thermal requirements of Conroe?
Is it more than a G5? I see someone posted PowerMac processor power consumption, but those were dual processors in a PowerMac. I want to see how much power the single G5 in an iMac consumed.
Is it more than a G5? I see someone posted PowerMac processor power consumption, but those were dual processors in a PowerMac. I want to see how much power the single G5 in an iMac consumed.
aswitcher
Aug 31, 06:05 PM
...and 5 years later,
5 year anniversary iPod...of course.
5 year anniversary iPod...of course.
Peikko
Apr 30, 08:33 PM
MSFT has not had a real hit in forever.
Can't be bothered to check anything but the most recent past, so...
Kinect Confirmed As Fastest-Selling Consumer Electronics Device (http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_Kinect-Confirmed-As-Fastest-Selling-Consumer-Electronics-Device/blog/3376939/7691.html)
Guinness World Records, the global authority on record breaking, today confirm that the Kinect for the Xbox 360 is the Fastest-Selling Consumer Electronics Device. The hardware, that allows controller-free gaming, sold through an average of 133,333 units per day, for a total of 8 million units in its first 60 days on sale from 4 November 2010 to 3 January 2011.
The sales figures outstrip both the iPhone and the iPad for the equivalent periods after launch. [...]
Can't be bothered to check anything but the most recent past, so...
Kinect Confirmed As Fastest-Selling Consumer Electronics Device (http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_Kinect-Confirmed-As-Fastest-Selling-Consumer-Electronics-Device/blog/3376939/7691.html)
Guinness World Records, the global authority on record breaking, today confirm that the Kinect for the Xbox 360 is the Fastest-Selling Consumer Electronics Device. The hardware, that allows controller-free gaming, sold through an average of 133,333 units per day, for a total of 8 million units in its first 60 days on sale from 4 November 2010 to 3 January 2011.
The sales figures outstrip both the iPhone and the iPad for the equivalent periods after launch. [...]
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar